Gold! Lots of GOLD!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• IMG_0521 (2).jpg
    IMG_0521 (2).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 2,940
  • IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 2,951
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2,940
Upvote 0
civil war hunter said:
I have a feeling this is going to be a banner!

The gold belongs to a friend/neighbor who was just showing it off. No banner find but purty blobs!

Sim_Player said:
Nice haul but, did it pay for it self?

If that was 6 months worth I wouldn't be impressed.

If he made money, more power to him.

~Sim

Don't think anyone was trying to impress you.
Condescending posts like that are not welcome here.
Some folks spend a lifetime TH'ing and never find gold yet you audaciously suggest that 6 months is too long to spend looking for what he had to show.
I see by the number of your posts, (or lack of) that you are a newbie. That's fine and welcome to T-Net but I would suggest that you spend some time in the forums to get acquainted with how we do things here.
A final thought: Most of us aren't in it for the money or profit.

GopherDaGold said:
Sim_Player said:
Nice haul but, did it pay for it self?

If that was 6 months worth I wouldn't be impressed.

If he made money, more power to him.

~Sim

Don't think anyone was trying to impress you.
Condescending posts like that are not welcome here.
Some folks spend a lifetime TH'ing and never find gold yet you audaciously suggest that 6 months is too long to spend looking for what he had to show.
I see by the number of your posts, (or lack of) that you are a newbie. That's fine and welcome to T-Net but I would suggest that you spend some time in the forums to get acquainted with how we do things here.
A final thought: Most of us aren't in it for the money or profit.

Thanks buddy, I was just going to give this guy heck for being a naysayer.
I don't care if it took his neighbor 6 hours, 6 days, 6 months, or 6 years! It is beautiful and I love looking at it.
It is inspiring for me to one day search for gold nuggets myself.
Thanks for sharing TerryC!
Dave.

That's what I call a haul!! Is that all recent or over a period of time?? Anyhow Congrats to your Buddy :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, I was just going to give this guy heck for being a naysayer.
I don't care if it took his neighbor 6 hours, 6 days, 6 months, or 6 years! It is beautiful and I love looking at it.
It is inspiring for me to one day search for gold nuggets myself.
Thanks for sharing TerryC!
Dave.
Nice finds, no matter how long it took. I worked about a year and a half taking samples for a gold mining company and only found one tiny nugget and a few little specks while looking and panning in my spare time. Ever since, I've hankered to go back and look some more. That was early '80s in Imperial Valley, California.
Good Luck TerryC on your Prospecting.
YardDigger

WOW!!!!! How much money ya think you got there? good work!! :icon_pirat:

Ok, guys...
Let's not get too hostile over someone's pile of nuggets. I have many gold and silver trinkets I've found OVER THE YEARS with my detectors. The detectors have paid their own way. I hope the nuggets will do the same for me as I find them. Anyone who has been detecting or prospecting or any other form of outdoor adventures never do it for the money. But some times it happens! Just go out there and get it! You only get out what you put in to the effort. Oh, if these are the big ones..... how many bags of small ones does he have?? he he TTC

I have done many pans over the years and will do many more.

I am way short of an ounce in weight, but had tons of fun!

very very nice!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:i'd gladly work 6 for that!

I have been prospecting for awhile and plan on doing it for quite awhile longer and a find like that big nugget, no matter how long it took me would be very well worth it.

Bump it to the top!! NICE GOLD!!!

Cooter

Re: Gold! Lots of GOLD! (update)

The larger nugget weighs just over 3 ounces troy. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back