nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, another weekend has come and gone. Season getting shorter. The water was even lower than the weekend before so I sluiced some more in my favorite spot did good. So far this summer has been good almost a 1/4 oz. Seems like most time we get the newbies on the river with their shiny new pans and not a clue! Seems like I spend more time teaching than mining LOL! Last weekend no exception down comes a family of six, pans in hand looking like a deer in your head lights. I ask them if they needed help they say yes. My day was about done had gold in the box time for some entertainment LOL! I get them all in the water scrubbing pans told them they had to do the dishes. After that fun I showed them my sluice so they could see what they were looking for, totally shocked to see gold in the wild. We've all been there! Gave them a quick run down of where to look to find it. I let them dig a couple of buckets of dirt where I was they didn't want to because it was my spot it was okay. Got in a hole some one left from dredging. Looked like they were around a camp fire and I was the flame. After about an hour of teaching panning the kids they got the hang of it ,even the parents. By the time they were done they had some flakes! Happy campers! said they would do it again because it was fun and the family liked it. Told them to watch for poison ivy and wouldn't you know it I got it! The family couldn't thank me enough for helping them. I must say I have met several nice people on the river this summer and if helping is a good deed. I got my reward GOLD!

Attachments

• DSCF0205.JPG
    DSCF0205.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Helping the new miners is a great thing! Get them started right and show them how much fun hard work can be and we end up with more people on our side! Bummer on the Poison Ivy though. Been there, done that and lost my a$$ on the T-shirt sales.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind helping any body that wants to learn! I've seen more people with vials full of mica one person with their new sluice in the water backwards don't laugh I had a hard enough time not to, they just didn't know. We've got some knuckle heads here too! I don't want to be one of them. I've been kinda paying it forward from what I have observed gold mining was sorta like when I learned the auto body trade nobody would show you any thing you had to watch and go for it. So being a good doobee on the river in my opinion has it's own rewards, solice, nature and good people out for a new adventure and gold! oh 'yea the poison ivy zucks on my anckles

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hydrocortisone cream will relieve the itch and dry it up.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good for you helping them out. I'm a newbie, this is my first year. I watched as much youtube, read the forums on this site and as much other info as I could before heading out for the first time. The only time I asked for advice in the field almost resulted in my son and i getting shunked(which when trying to keep a seven year old interested you don't need). I stoped and asked to make sure I was in right valley. He told me i was and gave us some b.s. about his claim and we should go up a little further and other side of valley, as he was trying to get us far away from his spot as he could. That was our second trip out. Thank goodness we got a couple of specs and he founbd some big quartz pcs he liked. I now know how to use lr2000 to make sure where the claims are and no one feeds us a line of b.s. good to know there's guys like you willing to help out us newbies.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
instead of using the unreliable /slowly updated LR2000 , use Welcome to Land Matters or goto the county seat to see what land / claims is TAXs is being paid . then youll know whats up for prospecting on without claim jumping someone by mistake or using unreliable info. good luck on your adventure!

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the compliments guy's. I was brought up with the belief treat some one like you want to be treated. Yes there are exceptions! I had two old guy's help me with prospecting [actually made dredge parts for them] Their long since gone, to the mother lode in the sky. So if I can pass along some of what they taught me I feel as if I am keeping a little bit of them alive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread