What's new

Gold on amethyst

borisboris

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this large amethyst stone with gold on its crystals am new to all this...is this rare valuable or who can school me more about this....i have seen many quartz with gold but only one amethyst with gold and found it on this forums please help
 

Attachments

  • 1463635139749.webp
    1463635139749.webp
    204.6 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 4
WOW! That's purdy!! Wish I could answer your question.
 
Amethyst is in a nodule so probably not gold but another crystal that is gold in color.
 
Someone put gold or melted gold on it. Possibility, I never have seen amethyst with gold it just doesn't form in nature. Cacoxenite could be wrong. Maybe a gift shop item. They do all kinds of stuff with things.
 
Last edited:
Thanks all for the info...i mean I thought it could be pyrite on it but the others photos I got on my phone in closeup with flash it's just look like flakes color do sent even compare to pyrite...thanks all for your info...
 
Sorry boris, we have neither gold nor amethyst in our area. I have no clue, as stated earlier.
 
I would take it to a local university geology department to see what they make of it. Also, highway departments sometimes have geologists on staff that might be able to help. Great looking specimen.
 
Thanks Tommy I spoke to a few geologist who been working on it for years and told me they never found or seen or heard of something like this before...i will keep everybody posted on this about it...thanks all for your help...like I said I love gems and minerals anything made by earth...Thank you all
 
Was that an eyeball find, or a gift, or bought?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom