What's new

Gold Pocket Watch?????

birdy1976

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Russell Springs,KY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 PRO
Hey guys went out today across from my house. My very first signal was a strange tone falling in between a nickel and a pull-tab. When I dug down about 4-5 inches I about passed out. I thought I had finally dug my very first silver dollar but no it was this pocket watch face down in the hole. It looks to be gold and a magnet won't stick to it. Here is what it says inside "Paramount" "Guaranteed" "25 Years" and a number of "6145783". If anyone knows anything about watches or if you can advise how to get allthe dark crud off of it pleas let me know. Thanks!
Good Hunting to all!!!
birdy1976
 

Attachments

  • Bird\'s Pics!!! 098.webp
    Bird\'s Pics!!! 098.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 693
  • Bird\'s Pics!!! 100.webp
    Bird\'s Pics!!! 100.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 654
Upvote 0
I can't see it all that well, but it sounds like a great find. WTG!!
 
Thats a great find to me. Way to go I would be tickled to find one. I wonder about the lives of their owners

I ran that number through a Waltham SN database and it came up with this result on a model and the manufacture span:

Start: 9/1/1893 End: 1/31/1894
First: 6142001 Last: 6146000
Model: 1891 Name: No. 60
Material: U Grade: No. 60, NL
Size: 0 Size: 0
Plate: PS Plate: NL
Jewelling: 7 Jewels: 7
Balance: Ex Bal: 0
Style: KW Style:
NL

Comment:
Source: BR Date:
12/12/2002


This is a link to the glossary of above terms and others :

http://www.nawcc-info.org/WalthamDB/Glossary.htm
 
Salvager said:
Yarrum said:
Awesome find mate.  Did Tinpan take those pics for you  ;D  ;)

Great call!!!! ;D

Nice find!

Have fun,

"MY ARTISTIC PHOTO STYLE HAS SPREAD FAR AND WIDE" ;D ;D ;D

                    old master tinpan  8) 8) 8)
Salvager
 
What a great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Paramount would have been the maker of the case. Guaranteed 25 years indicates that the case is gold filled, not solid gold. The guarantee was that the gold would not wear through to the base metal for at least 25 years. A nice find.

Mike
 
Nice find.
It's obviously not solid gold, it looks like it might be gold electroplate. If you wanted to get the verdigris off, soak it in household ammonia. I would have left as I found it. But now that all those scratches are on it I would try to blend them off of clean it all together.

Gold comes out of the ground looking just about like it did when it went in.

HH
 
Congrats on the gold watch, Nice find

Eddy
 
Hey I really appreciate all the info. The scratches that you thought you seen is not sratches at all. It is some kind of flower design that is engraved on the back side not scratches but thanks for noticing. Sorry about the pic quality, not that good I know.
 
birdy1976 said:
Hey I really appreciate all the info. The scratches that you thought you seen is not sratches at all. It is some kind of flower design that is engraved on the back side not scratches but thanks for noticing. Sorry about the pic quality, not that good I know.

Great find!!! The camera action is tough, as I have taken 1000 photos that only my mother would love. On dig. photos there should be a forum that helps users cause they can be a royal pain. I finally got the hang of mine but only after like a college course in its functions.

AWESOME find
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom