What's new

Gold Prospecting a Scottish Creek Burn

Goldgrabber

Full Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
257
Golden Thread
0
Location
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys, I got out for my first prospecting trip of the year over the weekend and found a nice little bit. I'm UK based and prospect in Scotland and if anyone is interested in knowing what Scotland is like and what the lay of the land looks like over in Scotland, here's a quick video showing the burn (creek) where I found my little picker at Wanlockhead (also known as "Gods Treasure House" due to the finds there over the last few hundred years):
https://youtu.be/b9sK_5bkZdU
 
Upvote 0
Here's a pic of the little picker I found
IMG_4113 (3).webp
https://youtu.be/b9sK_5bkZdU
 
Good to see there's still gold in them hills :)
 
yup, little bits still kicking about in places, larger stuff needs sniping for which I've not got in to yet. Mainly fine flour gold in the southern Scottish creeks with the odd larger bit to be had if you're lucky
 
Just figuring out how to embed properly :tongue3:

 
Here's a follow up video showing my sluice set up at this spot with a nice flow of water going through it. I managed to set up the sluice on a long plank of wood I found upstream which made things so much easier like managing the water level, getting it back in position after each clean out really quickly etc. You can see the back end of the sluice is flowing over a small waterfall so I don't have to clear away any tailings piles, always a bonus.

This is a handmade fibreglass drop-riffle sluice designed for prospecting streams and rivers in the UK and Europe, although it would work anywhere where the waterflow is right. I've caught all the way down to micron sized gold dust with this sluice.

https://youtu.be/-sLysrWMUIw
 
That's a beautiful stream you were working.

Fast water and bedrock, that's the stuff that fires the imagination.

All the best,

Lanny
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom