Gold prospecting clubs in southern california

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting for awhile. Me and my dad are interested in joining a mining club.we went out many times in the desert by us but only found a speck or two. Does anyone know the " best " prospecting club with claims in coolgardie and other places in Southern California?Does anyone have an opinion on valley prospectors vs west coast mining vs orange county 49ers ?Thanks

Alex

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Valley Prospectors has some good claims. I think that the OC 49ers has some better claims. Their claim " China Gardens " on the Kern is great. Also 2 or 3 claims in the Pyutes are excellent.. Both clubs have good desert claims as well. I don't know West Coast Mining.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to hear you are still in pursuit of your golden dreams Alex.8-) Sorry you ended up getting a little banged up. It looks like San Fernando Valley Prospectors will be out at the East Fork this weekend. It's free so what have you got to lose.:tongue3: I know SFV is far for you but their outings are usually fun. Either East Fork or Randsburg area. Some of those clubs you mentioned are probably closer to what you are looking for.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't leave out the PCSC or the Santa Ana Gen and Mineral club. Amazed to hear OC 49rs still up as sure died off when they lost all the claims we busted our butts off getting for them. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions