What's new

Gold Ring #65, 2 Walkers, 4 Wash, 1 merc, 1 sterling and a Whatsit? Earing?

OBN

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
6,900
Reaction score
8,286
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland Waters
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Did my first Ocean hunt since last year, things are still very slow other then the Coins, did get a very small 925 ER with the back still on it so it must have been dropped off the towel.


Back home for the 4th.. Slipped out Friday for 4 hours, at first it was bleak until I started getting deep targets. Then they just started rolling in... The best find of the day was when I helped out one of the locals. My Best hunting spot this year. Private Beach, I have friends there but they live at the far end of the area. A little less then a mile walk to the beach, carrying the sifter, scoop, detector wearing a drysuit in 80 degree weather. Very tuff walk back. I was able to help out one of the key holders to the beach parking area, He gave me a sticker to put on my truck so I can park at the beach parking anytime.....What a Blessing...This will make hunting here so much easier and save me the 15 minute walk to and 15 from. That had to be the Icing on the cake for the day...

OC Treasure and then the Bays...

OBN0433.webp

All cleaned up

OBN0439.webp

Then the Whatsit.. I am guessing a Earing or a pendent from the 40's being brass? Any other ideas..

OBN0456.webp
 
Upvote 32
Great hunt OBN! Love to see a bit of everything coming up........:occasion14:
 
Awesome hunt! Love the walkers...and gold...earring...buffs...all of it! Congrats!

Maybe the stone is jade?
 
Loads of Silver, AARr, love it! Gold is always good too!! Still looking for a second anything gold for this year. Not giving up, its plenty wet for digging here now, still snapped my fav drivers handle dang that jungle grass !

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk
 
Great hunt OBN! Love to see a bit of everything coming up........:occasion14:

Thank You!! Same here, always enjoy the variety of treasures from the bay...just like your hunts, always an Adventure...Be Safe my friend..



Awesome hunt! Love the walkers...and gold...earring...buffs...all of it! Congrats!

Maybe the stone is jade?

Thanks MB! I will have to have it checked out, I'm not to much on knowing stones other then the junkers..



Loads of Silver, AARr, love it! Gold is always good too!! Still looking for a second anything gold for this year. Not giving up, its plenty wet for digging here now, still snapped my fav drivers handle dang that jungle grass !

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Thanks CRM,, Good Luck!! And that gold for you is coming soon!
 
Close I'm at 81
 
OBN,

I believe mine is brass as well and fairly light. I did rinse it and give it a decent scrub with a tooth brush. The gold flake is much brighter than the rest of the ER/pendant and there is some tarnish on the back side. Keep up the hunting and piracy on the bay! I'm heading to the east bay area of San Francisco this weekend for work and will be taking my Excalibur 1000 with me to do some hunting in my free time! Hoping for some good stuff...
 
Your having a dream year...your old silver and gold is incredible...look forward to everyone of your posts...keep em coming.
 
The Excal ring king is at it again! I've not been here in a while and last time I was you were on ring number 36 I think it was. Dont know how you do it. I'm enjoying the skullies and pin point, but all I'm finding is clad, and costume jewelry. I've had to make or learn my adjustments as Lake Michigan is highly mineralized. Any way thanks again for making me theskullies I'm loving them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom