What's new

Gold ring at the dump unknown stamp

Texas Yankee

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2013
Messages
460
Reaction score
1,116
Golden Thread
1
Location
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had breakfast this morning with some friends and on the way home decided to stop by the old dump site. My gut feeling was telling me it was a ring kind of day and it didn't disappoint.

Just when I think I found it all I manage to surprise myself all over again. I pulled this beauty and at first glance convinced myself it was a copper ring. As I was cleaning the ring a strange thing happened to me. A Texas DPS helicopter buzzed over me fairly close as it buzzed my car and circles me three time. A couple of those time it hovered about 50 ft away from me... Maybe looking for someone or illegal dumping. Well, after 10 min it flew away as I waved at it...

Once at home I noticed a nice clear gold color on the ring. A closer look revealed a stamp but no carats. So, I'm thinking it's probably gold plated not to mention the stone is chipped.

Any help identifying the makers mark would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the pics
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440198319.487110.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440198335.742836.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440198351.256965.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440198364.723243.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440198381.903767.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440198399.074823.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440198413.306951.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440198428.653711.webp
 
Upvote 20
Check Craigslist lost and found for a " Ring lost by chopper pilot ' post! ....it coulda happened!:dontknow:
 
Lmao!!!!
 
Looks fairly old with that setting... And has the look of plated but I would have it tested or cut a nice gash in it to see if she is solid. No matter what still a very good find!! Congrads..!!
 
Nice ring! As far as makers marks, it is such a pain in the arse to look them up online, it seems there are 800 billion different marks and the one you are looking for is always the last one. Good luck!
 
Looks like it's been roasted, maybe that's why the stone is chipped.
Nice gold ring find! Congrats!
When you look for the markers mark start in the back of the book, that's where they hide.
 
Lol, I guess deep down inside I know it's plated and hate to admit.
The guys, DW Dirt Whisper and China Jim are constantly finding high quality Gold rings and all I can pull out are silver or copper rings, so I was hoping my luck was changing for the better... I guess I'll keep trying...
 
nice find, as for the hallmark that may be a tough one, the stone looks like black onyx
 
Nice conversation piece and a great story! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
 
It's ok, keep thinking of that as the real deal till you find one. I'm in the same boat, and still looking....we will find it at some point!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom