Jan 19, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ID Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 B 00 GOLD RING.jpg18 B 00 MARK CL.jpg
A little luck today. A small (5mm wide) GOLD (i hope!) ring. Size 6 1/2. 3.8 grams.
Can anyone identify the Maker's Mark. It looks like 18B with a double "o" or zeros or a bicycle...?

Upvote 23
That's a Old Gold, .........my guess ..late 1800's to very early 1900's. Very NIce!!

Sorry, I'm no help but I will say thats a nice lookin' Goldie O!

Sweet Yellow Nectar!!!! Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Last edited:
Sweet Gold! :occasion14:

Congrats gotta hide my jewelry from my daughters and better 7/8s lol. Hope theres many more great way to RING in the new year. Tommy

18 B 00 MARK.jpg
This Maker's Mark is for J.B. Bodwen & Co., NY, NY founded by J. B. Bowden and his father John Bowden in 1879 and continued making & selling jewelry until 1950. I would still like to know if there is any way to date this piece...

Very nice ring. I would love to find some old gold like that. Congrats!

What a sweet ring:icon_thumleft:

After being in business for over 70 years there's a chance that their Maker's Mark might have changed over the years.
Even though it may very slight.
This could be due to using a different maker stamp, punches or even different Jewelers.
About the only way to date this ring is to research the Maker's Mark from that Jeweler and see if there was any differences in them over the years.
If you can find dated examples of this Jewelers work you may be able to compare the Maker's Mark on those pieces to yours.

I use speech to text.
I like how it capitalized Maker's Mark.
How do it know?

Oh Yeah. What a beauty. Definitely 18K you can tell by that beautiful color

Awesome find, I'm still looking for my first piece of gold. : )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back