GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do they have a twitter feed? Why do they ask twitter? viewer questions? Why am I starting to see Youtube personalities on national tv programs like GMA?

Temember when Tod addressed the people in 'internet land' with reguard to blasting the permafrost? I do, and I laughed a little to myself because I have a pretty good idea where he got the idea for pitching the show to begin with. Tod is ok IMO, we can't choose into which family we are born, though I'd be remiss if I didn't say "You seen one bosses kid, you seen em all".

All you out there in 'TV land' will continue to be influenced, disrupted and directed by us 'yahoos' in 'internet land'. Guaranteed as a wheel is round. Never Bet Against Tech.

Today's society consists of two paradigms. Those with IP's and those without. For whatever reason, there is no 'fault' implied here.

To all the 'internet land' doers, posters, askers and detractors. This buds for you, and yes I have been drinking.

My apologies to all offended and to all a good night./rant

Why do they have a twitter feed? Why do they ask twitter? viewer questions? Why am I starting to see Youtube personalities on national tv programs like GMA?

Temember when Tod addressed the people in 'internet land' with reguard to blasting the permafrost? I do, and I laughed a little to myself because I have a pretty good idea where he got the idea for pitching the show to begin with. Tod is ok IMO, we can't choose into which family we are born, though I'd be remiss if I didn't say "You seen one bosses kid, you seen em all".

All you out there in 'TV land' will continue to be influenced, disrupted and directed by us 'yahoos' in 'internet land'. Guaranteed as a wheel is round. Never Bet Against Tech.

Today's society consists of two paradigms. Those with IP's and those without. For whatever reason, there is no 'fault' implied here.

To all the 'internet land' doers, posters, askers and detractors. This buds for you, and yes I have been drinking.

My apologies to all offended and to all a good night./rant

Yes I do believe Todd is a true Treasure Hunter.
He could have given up years ago, But he kept pushing on :thumbsup:
in all this time, He probably spent/lost more then he made this year.
but knowing him, He will keep Pushing.

of course I don't know his actual take from the TV series so maybe he is ahead of the game, and laughing all the way to the bank :dontknow:

Last edited:
Aw crap, it's Gene Cheeseman. Parker drove him off.

OH GREAT- spoiler alert....

I guess I should start drinking now.

LOL I figured
laughing7.gif

Gene Gene :tongue3:
they do look similar :laughing7:

giphy.gif

Last Friday when Parker was talking him into another few days,
Gene was looking like Death Warmed over :laughing7:
can't keep up with the Kid :tongue3:

Of course What is said Now. Does not mean that is what will happen.

Remember Dave Insisting he was done with Todd ?

Could be another hint at early Drama next year.

Maybe Gene is hoping for a Partnership like Dave got from Todd

Last edited:
Gene is going with the Viking Beast, Tony Beets. He named his own price.

He smelled the gold!But Beets is due for a big fall, as his machine will collapse from metal fatigue.

And I think old man Schnabel will fund Parker and maybe set him up with a crew.

Its just amazing how the show has grown in five years, and the sheer size of the operations, and the characters we used to ridicule are now real miners getting big gold!

Gene is going with the Viking Beast, Tony Beets. He named his own price.
Its just amazing how the show has grown in five years, and the sheer size of the operations, and the characters we used to ridicule are now real miners getting big gold!

I think Gene will be running the dredge most likely, he is a top hand and Parker lost him because he couldn't see how Gene's works were being made public on tv. Like was said, he named his price to Tony and Gene is well worth that price and a known good foreman. It's too bad that Parker lost him but there is a large learning curve there when it comes to different people seeing how Gene was Parker's reason for making it. Tony's Boss did the right thing by grabbing Gene as fast as he could.
The show has really grown but I'm wondering if Todd has actually paid for his equipment yet with all of his expenses. 5 years or so ago when Jack came on the 49erMike site and asked us all what we thought of what they were going to try on tv before it showed, we laughed basically while saying that they should never start up any operation without seasoned people working with them to guide them if nothing else and we all watched them fail miserably that first year. Then this year they get their 1000oz and that still looks like it's not even enough to pay for the expenses. I wonder how much of a loan he still has out on the first year, let alone on Monster Red and all of that diesel to drive those trucks a mile in each direction all day long. Parker had Gene and together they went somewhere, but Todd really didn't get to far when it comes to making a profit even though they did their best.
Then here we are sitting here watching them do all of the work, when we should be out digging for gold ourselves :evil6:

Fake drama alert. Parker's comments don't exactly add up. As in one minute hes expressing gratitude to mentors and the next he's berating them for trivial reasons. Cut and paste editing all over the place with unknown timelines. After the fact, this that and the next thing.

There is no, nor will there ever be, any financial details as to what if any financial risks the miners are actually exposed to. Given that 'reality', it's near impossible to tell if young Parker is genuinely getting stressed out over financials or not.

DC sure got a lot of mileage out of the Tony/Parker royalties scheme. Royalties! You want royalties? I got your royalties right here! How bout that last clean up? Hows that for royalties!?

Tony is a hell of a character though. Parker should go join Gene for a season working for tony. Picture this...Gene is mining away with the dredge, happy as a clam in a clam shell, then Tony says "Hey Gene, you're doing great, I'd like you to meet your new boss. DUN DUN DUN... DRAMA! Oh the humanity!

Couldn't stop laughing when Tony talked about having his kids do the clean ups. Hilarious.:laughing7:

No matter what the show is always just gonna be some fact mixed with fake drama..cliffhangers etc...it's just entertainment and the fact of the matter is most people would find the show boring if they were just filming a normal mining operation..

I agree with that, I watch golf on TV but I am a golfaholic and find even regular tournaments interesting. Yes GOLDaholics would watch a normal mining operation, loaders, dozers, rockers etc but their TV audience would be very small!

only ones I'm interested in is Todd's Crew.

I've grown a disinterest in everyone else

You don't wanna see that Bucket line dredge in action?!?!?. I know I do.

You don't wanna see that Bucket line dredge in action?!?!?. I know I do.

don't interest me . and personally the owner doesn't interest me even more.
I put Beats on the same level with the Rastler Ric Savage of American Diggers, & Scott Meisterheim
of Bering Sea Gold

Last edited:
Nobody is on Scott meisterheims level. That dude is a dumpster fire

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back