GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Dodge's three man crew with low overhead probably did okay.

Im going to step out on the edge of the creek now and say that this last show is meant to mess us up with their predictions! Parker is aquireing new land to work and needs his drill holes done to determine where they are going to work. thatll slow him up this year! Toad also needs to move his equipment and setup at the other end of this claim BUT to me , he will be a big show of force initially UNTILL Tony gets his setup running! I think Tony does have a Major plan and will be the big winner of the race for the OZs IF he don't have any major breakdowns which will ultimately happen to all partys! Lets see who wins this!

I'll go a step further & say although I'm happy Parker 's getting away from the Thief
who used him all this year while he sat back and spent money. Parker better
do allot of drill holes . my understanding most of the land he is buying has been worked to some point.
He may end up struggling to make ends meet & keep his crew together.
Especially now that he is even more Spoiled, if he starts struggling & taking it out on his crew, they may just up & walk.

I don't imagine Todd's setup will change much.
He'll start out struggling, Blame it on the location of his Wash plant
after a few shows of "What the fricks" decide to move it with a show of drama over will he or won't he damage it by moving it.
Spend most of the rest of the year what the fricking some more,
pretending they are struggling & the last couple weeks show their real take
as a miracle last minute find again.

perhaps the glory hole claim jumper Dakota Fred will get over his ego trip
of trying to extort more money out of the producers and come back.
Honestly I would welcome him over Beets.
Personally I'd like to Not need to fast forward through beets & Just forget he was there. would make each episode last a little longer for me.

Dodge's... too Boring . I know all you pros love him but
this is TV & he's a Snooze. which to me is as bad as Beets
even though they are at opposite ends of the drama scale.
one puts me to sleep the other just irritates the bejeevers out of me :laughing7:
if Beets types the way he talks, he'd be banned here after his second post.
(Warned after his first bout of Tourettes & Banned after his response to me :laughing7:)

Last edited:
Sure but they had a crew of only 4 and low operating costs (no rock trucks sucking diesel all day and night!!)

The Dodge boys had the lowest take, around 400 ounces. Doesn't matter if they were monster nuggets they were still 400 ounces.

You obviously don't know gold. nuggets do not equal flakes and dust. Flakes have "raw" value; 1 ounce of gold flake = 1 ounce of gold price (theoretically if content was pure) Gold nuggets, especially the size of nuggets they are recovering, are RARE. They can easily be sold as specimens for 4X gold value, so a 1 ounce nugget would be roughly equal to 4 ounce of flake.

You obviously don't know gold. nuggets do not equal flakes and dust. Flakes have "raw" value; 1 ounce of gold flake = 1 ounce of gold price (theoretically if content was pure) Gold nuggets, especially the size of nuggets they are recovering, are RARE. They can easily be sold as specimens for 4X gold value, so a 1 ounce nugget would be roughly equal to 4 ounce of flake.

I agree with the value Jason, but you say: "They can easily be sold as specimens" ?
I'm not so sure on this. Like anything else.
I think a Glut on the market will dictate not only value.
but how long they will need to sit on them if they insist on getting more them melt for all.
of course I'm no where near an expert though :tongue3:
& I didn't see how many nuggets they got. I'm just going by what I read here on the Dodge's. as I said they are Snooze to me, but 400 oz sounds like allot

Last edited:
I would be more interested in what Fred Dodge has to say about whatever, pretty much anything, than most of the other stuff going on. I can tolerate the lack of technical detail on GR, I guess. Kind of a shame though IMO.

I like the Dutchman. He is real and says what he thinks. I cannot believe Parker would leave a place with known good gold, even if there is a hefty royalty. He still made money. Hoffman should do OK, if he makes a plan and sticks to it. This year, there was too much bouncing all over the place. Frozen ground is a reality in the Yukon (so is barren ground). In my humble opinion, the biggest mistake Parker could make is to buy a property for $2M. Better to pay royalties or find/stake his own ground.

I'd just like to be able to metal detect the bedrock after they are done scraping it. Maybe find a nice crevice...

I like the Dutchman. He is real and says what he thinks. I cannot believe Parker would leave a place with known good gold, even if there is a hefty royalty. He still made money. Hoffman should do OK, if he makes a plan and sticks to it. This year, there was too much bouncing all over the place. Frozen ground is a reality in the Yukon (so is barren ground). In my humble opinion, the biggest mistake Parker could make is to buy a property for $2M. Better to pay royalties or find/stake his own ground.

I agree. Parker should stick to the royalty agreement. After all making $2M for the season is not chump change. Seems like more of an ego thing. Parker does not like having an older boss pulling the strings. Parker wants to be his own boss and run his own operation the way he wants. Gee- Parker should consider himself lucky- millions of 20yr olds in this country have to start at the bottom of the ladder.

In addition, the land could be a total bust. Certainly more fun to lose $2M in Las Vegas than $2M in the Yukon. LOL

I'd just like to be able to metal detect the bedrock after they are done scraping it. Maybe find a nice crevice...

I was thinking the same thing.. sort of.. To me it seems like they are leaving a lot on the ground... I'd go out and get a septic tank sucking truck (a giant
crack vac on wheels) and start sucking.

It seemed to me the math wouldn't work out for Parker. He couldn't handle 15-20% royalties but is happy to pay a third of the projected value in order to have "his own land".

Sure it ain't cool to have Beets walk on and hit the stop button on your plant. But how much did Parker MAKE from that. If hydrolic riffles allowed a 5% increase in efficiency that equates to well over 100K in his pocket.

That's just one example. The concept of getting all the gold is another. Tony stopped him from covering leftover bedrock gold with tailings.

A lil off the sluices , a lil left on the bedrock. Pretty soon you're talking real gold.

Is "free" Parker going to discipline himself to get all the gold? That six million could become five real easy.

Right on. I don't know any machine operation that does not take out quite a bit of bedrock (typically, at least 6' of bedrock - depending on the type). Even afterwards, the boys with the detectors still find good stuff. Heck, I was talking to a lady last year whose son was crew. He was allowed to pan after his shift after they were done with the pit. I think she said he got 7 oz from the dozer spill. Whatever the amount, it was quite a bit and good wages.

Here's why this show isn't going anywhere any time soon.

TV Ratings: Discovery?s Gold Rush 5th Season Finale Its Strongest Yet | Deadline

Discovery’s Gold Rush logged 6.393 million viewers in Live + 3 for its fifth season finale, marking its strongest season wrap-up yet. Long strong with men, the men-and-mines reality series picked up enough women to rank as Friday night’s top program on cable in overall audience, as well as adults 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54. Rush out-delivered all broadcast programs Friday night with men 25-54, besting such shows as ABC’s get-rich reality series Shark Tank, CBS’s cop drama Blue Bloods, NBC’s newsmag Dateline, etc.

Gold Rush’s fifth season average of 5.518 million viewers is its best showing since Season 3. It was the No. 1 unscripted series on cable (excludes sports and talk shows).

"Unscripted"?

Many of the scenes are reenactments of something that (might have) happened. Heck, sometimes the clothes change. All that said, I will still watch it. I recall my Dad watching Green Acres because we had a farm. Kinda the same thing.

"Unscripted"?

Many of the scenes are reenactments of something that (might have) happened. Heck, sometimes the clothes change. All that said, I will still watch it. I recall my Dad watching Green Acres because we had a farm. Kinda the same thing.

I still watch Green Acres

Your all wrong! itll be Cristo leaveing because of all the BS he has to put up with!and I think he will start and star in the show himself! itll probly be called, "Mushroom Hunting with Cristo"...since he had a LOT of BS to put up with , he can now use it for his mushroom cave floor to grow them bif suckers fast! and he wont have to put up with toads BS! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back