GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

mtau

Mar 21, 2013
MT
Detector(s) used
gmt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put fast forward on last Night & didn't stop till it automatically stopped
at the end.
I didn't see Todd's crew at all :dontknow:

looked more like a waste of time to me .
did Todd take a vacation to Italy ?

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To each their own I guess. I haven't watched it yet. No Todd? You just made my day.

I'm looking forward to the dredge. I'm sure Tony will find out why they don't use them anymore. Although economics are skewed by the show. I think Minny will at least keep reminding him/us of the costs.

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That whole episode was pretty much nothing but the dredge with a little bit of parker's grandpa drama.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it will be Tony who nixes the dredge. He may get a good cost per yard but once he figures out how much gold the dredge is leaving behind it he won't be able to stand it

ratled

Last edited:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to see grandpa is ok. Nice to see them crash the dredge. And to see it run.

The gold looks a bit suspect. Looked like a handful of garnets in the weigh in. Just to make the "20 OUNCES".

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was Dave, I would had beat Todd up by now. Todd told the owner, that he would double the amount of gold that his team found last year. Greed will do him in.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just watched GR. Just as suspected. Back to reality, the two hour opening show even with all the commercials was better. Lets see how the season goes. Parker and Grandpa look so much alike.

gold-rush-john-parker-large.jpg

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Parker is a clone

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe so ............BUT a rich clone!! and laughing all the way to the bank!
Gotta give him credit! How many19ish kids think things through as far as he does. The kids got a heart, and respects people. And the money & fame doesn't appear to have gone to his head like it would with 98% of the teens out there today. Wish I could get the teens around here to watch, maybe they'd get their eyes opened to what some hard work brings.

BTW (speaking through my $20 walkie) can everyone meet me over here by my ATV we need to talk about what idiotic mistake we're going to make next. And I need more air time!:laughing7::tongue3::tongue3:

Believe it or not one of my relatives looks just like Todd right down to the goatee! The whole family makes jokes about how he sits around acting like he's king expecting everyone to wait on him hand & foot. No he had the goofy goatee before the show.:laughing7: Sometimes reality is funnier than a reality show!:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

A comment was made about the dredge being a tourist attraction. That might be in the back of Tonys mind. How many of you would pay to tour a working dredge? Maybe a little extra to upgrade to the work the levers tour?

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know i would love to go on a tour

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As long as its not a three hour tour sounds good i cant get stuck anywhere i dont like coconuts that much

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Good to see grandpa is ok. Nice to see them crash the dredge. And to see it run.

The gold looks a bit suspect. Looked like a handful of garnets in the weigh in. Just to make the "20 OUNCES".

I agree about the gold. We've been seeing some of the cleanest gold every season and Tony Beets shows that dirty crap? Definitley done for the show and the weigh in to prove his dredge works. Suspect, very suspect? I did like the format this week focusing primarlily on one crew the entire show.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, I'll step up. Am I the only one who has this? I took my mom shopping and she shelled out $9.99+ tax for me. Love her! And guess what? I just read a few lines during commercials but so far, not bad at all...the mag is MUCH better than the show. Go figure... :dontknow:...get what you pay for. I call a splurge like this indulging in "brain candy". Anybody else have one? Comments?

005.jpg 006.jpg

Last edited:

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope i dont, first time I've seen one but ill keep an eye out for one.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, I'll step up. Am I the only one who has this? I took my mom shopping and she shelled out $9.99+ tax for me. Love her! And guess what? I just read a few lines during commercials but so far, not bad at all...the mag is MUCH better than the show. Go figure... :dontknow:...get what you pay for. I call a splurge like this indulging in "brain candy". Anybody else have one? Comments?

View attachment 1228151 View attachment 1228152

I have not bought a magazine in maybe 20 years. Is this price of mags today or is this Gold Rush mining the pockets and not the ground? WOW!!!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will not be watching the repeat shows tonight, just the new show. Todd looks like when he is walking around, that he has a load in his pants, and I do not mean a bag of gold, either.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will not be watching the repeat shows tonight, just the new show. Todd looks like when he is walking around, he has a load in his pants, and I do not mean a bag of gold.

I just hope part of tonight's is worth watching at regular speed with the sound on :(

I don't need to see the Old Man, this is not General Hospital or d'oprah :BangHead:
and of course beets & his puppeteer Wife are also
useless by my standards of interesting TV

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread