GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another boring show watching Losing Todd with his Losing Team. <snip>

Samuel, as mentioned previously, Todd has prospected and mined in the Klondike,
Guiana, and then back to the Klondike and now Oregon. Can you even imagine
the adventures and experiences he and his crew have had?

Is he rich with money? Nope, but is money the only thing we gauge success by?

He's out there trying while we peck away at keyboards..nope, he's no loser.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is he rich with money? Nope, but is money the only thing we gauge success by?

He makes his money through drama, he just uses mining as the stage for his drama. People watch him to see how he can fail next. He has to find gold once in a while to keep the stage convincing. He makes about $500K a year from the show. Him playing the bumbling fool isn't good acting it's good casting.

Personally I would like to see him and the old man leave, it would make the show better. But then everyone else wouldn't think so and that is the reason it is the number #1 rated cable show

ratled

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 962, Yes, Todd is a loser, and his crew have family members to support. No or little gold means no money for the family members. Sooner or later, Todd will tell his crew for them to work for free for two weeks. Away they will go for good. Good hunting and good luck. I agree with # 963, it would be good if Todd and his daddy leave for good, and that their crew work for other people.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 962, Yes, Todd is a loser, and his crew have family members to support. No or little gold means no money for the family members. Sooner or later, Todd will tell his crew for them to work for free for two weeks. Away they will go for good. Good hunting and good luck. I agree with # 963, it would be good if Todd and his daddy leave for good, and that their crew work for other people.

I don't understand why Freddy Dodge hangs with Todd. Didn't he have his own thong going a couple seasons ago? Todd's crew has too much faith in him.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Hoffman's likely own part of the show. While there might be a bit of "reality" on the other crews, they have profited from the production. Freddy can do the math. The value of celebrity is worth more than gold.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TV Doctors = not real doctors, TV Miners = Not real miners
tv+doctors.jpg . 424be5fb08bc25b9b85273fca005f63f.jpg

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i wonder how much todds crew get paid from the show,,it should be enough to feed their familys,right??
brad

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Yes he's seen as a loser and portrayed as such. And likely making a handsome living doing so. And why not? He gets what he wants and (just guessing again here) pretty much where he wants. IDK if I would make myself look bad on TV for $$$ but I've been known to sell out at least once to the government, which is why I got to retire early. So...who is really the "loser"???

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hoffman's likely own part of the show. While there might be a bit of "reality" on the other crews, they have profited from the production. Freddy can do the math. The value of celebrity is worth more than gold.

The Hoffmans created the show and shopped it to producers to find someone who could/would put it on TV. I'm sure they make more than any other reality show star, just because they are so invested.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wonder how much todds crew get paid from the show,,it should be enough to feed their familys,right??
brad
Anywhere from $500 an episode on up depending on how big their role is and their tv followings

ratled

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not much conceding how hard Todd crew works, with not too many times off and families to support. Good hunting and good luck.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why Freddy Dodge hangs with Todd. Didn't he have his own thong going a couple seasons ago? Todd's crew has too much faith in him.
I agree with you. He had his own crew, and I believe that his brothers were involve with him God bless him.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dodge is still on the show because at least 80% of the equipment utilized to process materials is made by him, his friends and relatives. Just like dayz of old the REAL cash goes to the equipment dealers no matter if the miners find any gold or not. Good man and had some nice designs even if not run properly as seen repeatedly on insipid shows. John

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the side, they're also selling salted paydirt, so I think there's more behind the scenes than we know.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight, there was not much of Todd and his crew, except he told them that he wants them to work for two weeks for free. I believe that this part of the show was a repeat. I am sure that he will come up with the money, or BYE Loser Todd. Good hunting and good luck.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well...based on the traffic on this thread, I quess last night was a dud. I fell asleep before it came on and was wondering if anyone has a link to see last nights episode? Discover doesn't recognize my provider (Charter) :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread