GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i always watched to see the plants run and then to see the dredge get running.

Once I found out the truth about the ground Todd was on and the drama of Todd moving and not actually prospecting. The fact that production was lying about the ground they were on ruined the reality of it for me.

You can tell they are horrible actors. Though one must wonder if they even move the amounts they said. The Hoffman crew at least.

Looking at Tonys dredge field field made me doubt his yields as well.

Parkers stripping and footprint seems pretty realistic

Lost interest haven't watched after the third episode this season. Not even on the dvr anymore

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You guys make me feel young again! I'll be 54 on the 21st. I have 3 kids but no grandchildren yet. Son's 25, 2 daughters 21, 15

I feel even younger. I just turn 60 last Friday. I have a 30 year old and 26 year old and NO GRAND KIDS!!!!... Kids your mom want s to be a grandmother...

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's made up bullshit drama over an honorable man. Nothing about what they do on the show is honorable towards his memory.

Lucky for you there is no pain in cyber slaps! Millions of viewers would most likely slap you silly if they read what you've written!

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky for you there is no pain in cyber slaps! Millions of viewers would most likely slap you silly if they read what you've written!
zero fawks given. Go back and read the housewife soap opera gossip in this thread as if this isn't a scripted tv show. Pathetic viewers buying into the nonsense.

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked seeing the Hoffman crew rolling around on the ground. Scripted or not watching Todd roll on his back like a beetle PRICELESS!!! :thumbsup:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PCampbell has it right in my opinion from what I know to be true about the so called "reality shows"
Not saying that there is never a scripted event for effect but it's rare.
post #1240

Last edited:

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The debate continues in my house. I say Toad is paid to look stupid and Karen says he comes by it naturally. :laughing7:

I think you are both correct! They had a good casting director .... oh in case anybody forgot, they really did have a casting call for the first season. Most of the first season cast didn't know each other until the show

ratled

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are both correct! They had a good casting director .... oh in case anybody forgot, they really did have a casting call for the first season. Most of the first season cast didn't know each other until the show

ratled

But don't forget that the entire show was dreamed up by toad and his daddy. They knew what it was going to be when they pitched the idea and sold it to a producer. That is why toad is ALWAYS the luckless idiot. He scripted that role for himself.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The debate continues in my house. I say Toad is paid to look stupid and Karen says he comes by it naturally. :laughing7:

He's definitely no actor, let alone a good one. This time she is correct. :)

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
NOOOOOOOOOO .... not THAT pic again

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I can't believe I'm actually posting on this thread.
I've watched the show just enough to say that Parker really isn't interested in honoring his grandfather. If he was the best way to do it would be to emulate his life. Clean mouth, never said anything bad about anyone, never yelled at folks, and always looked for the good in people and situations.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may be right Vance. But we met grandpa John in his nineties. He was twenty one at some point. Who knows what came out of his mouth.

Parker has made the best of the situation. I may be wrong but the show stumbled on those two and could have helped them for a couple years. This teenager really pushed ahead with a dream. Mom was good to hold him accountable for the operation. Then to parlay that into what seems to be a lean and profitable venture. Add the pay the whole family has gotten. Heck the mechanic even has a jewelry commercial. They've done well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread