GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skunked68w

Jul 25, 2015
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not much of a miner even though I was MSHA approved to be able to call on a lignite mine that was a customer a few years back. I'll be watching.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The writer ( I hope not AzViper), as well as the producers, could be a little more sensitive to Rick.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering how popular he is on the show and how much gold he's helped production pretend to dig out.

You would think he would earn more than 150k a year. Considering they supposedly dig so much gold.

Parker earns 100 k an episode.

Ricks salary last year equals 10% of what he and his new crew dug. So, what's his actual take? plus his discovery channel salary.

Math doesn't add up.

I love how they are still calling it "unscripted"

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering how popular he is on the show and how much gold he's helped production pretend to dig out.

You would think he would earn more than 150k a year. Considering they supposedly dig so much gold.

Parker earns 100 k an episode.

Ricks salary last year equals 10% of what he and his new crew dug. So, what's his actual take? plus his discovery channel salary.

Math doesn't add up.

I love how they are still calling it "unscripted"

There's a lot of math that doesn't work.

- If they sell the gold for the current value, how does the buyer make any money?

- Where do they pay taxes? Parker and his crew are Americans. Are they getting taxed on the gold in the U.S. and Canada?

- How does he get it home? I remember that episode a few years back where Parker loaded up his pickup with jars full of raw gold and took them home to Haynes to show his family. How the hell did he get that past customs at the border?

And if that kid is making $100k per episode, he's making some major bank for someone so young. The Storage Wars cast only got $30k per episode

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I Really Hope Rick Does Well. Parker will be lost without him.

Parker will be slamming everything, throwing anything he can and yelling at everyone. He might of gotten his interest in mining from his G'pa...but if the show is even halfway realistic, he didn't get his temperament At All.

Hoffman 3.0 hopefully got some common sense. 1.0 and 2.0 didn't seem to be awash in it.

Tony can just be a jerk. Minnie seems nice as do their kids.

Freddie Rocks..I Think.

Just My Opinions from the show. Maybe it's all scripted to portray everyone like that??

Kace

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Parker will be slamming everything, throwing anything he can and yelling at everyone. He might of gotten his interest in mining from his G'pa...but if the show is even halfway realistic, he didn't get his temperament At All.

Hoffman 3.0 hopefully got some common sense. 1.0 and 2.0 didn't seem to be awash in it.

Freddie Rocks..I Think.

Just My Opinions from the show. Maybe it's all scripted to portray everyone like that??

Kace

They wouldn't script a reality show.... would they?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Freddie Rocks..I Think.

Kace

LOL At 22 years old, Parker's NET worth is 2 million.:)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kid is smart not to run a one pony show-do much more and make much more. Get it whilst your young and hold on tight in todays eco world as rules/regs/eco insanity closes in-John

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
I didn't like it when Tony cut off Parker's water, then laughed at him. Tony could have caught a bullet in the head for that with a lot of folks!What an A-hole the guy is!

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
parker should have had a deal for water and access before he brought that land,now he is going have to give tony a percentage again.hope rick does ok

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another season of PLANNED heartache for everyone by the screen writers. Its amazing to begin the season with NO equipment and NO water rights, but that's the drama of the show.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
parker should have had a deal for water and access before he brought that land,now he is going have to give tony a percentage again.hope rick does ok

Parker would ...especially the way they portray the relationship. He doesn't have to work with Tony. Its production.

It would all be in the lease its all part of the operation.

Not watching it but, hearing about it here it's not surprising. Just plain dumb that they pass it off as an actual thing.

Considering the list of verifiable just fake nonsense at this point. They shouldn't be legally allowed to call this unscripted reality T.V.

I'd be pissed if I got involved in a show thinking it was gonna be one thing yet find out production was creating all of it and passing it off as real.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i cant believe rick did not interlock those block,looks like freddy dodge is coming,i hope he gets them going.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats some nice big gold ring Rick has.Someplace I read its 5 ozs. :)

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I really thought Rick would be taking over. Tonys Lease after. Parker gave it up. That would really have stired up the crap. And Rick would have been all set. Tonys has all kind of junk equipment laying around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread