Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush' Season 4 premiere

well against my better judgement, I got up this morning & watched the 2 hour premier
on my DVR
before coming online.

I didn't watch their 1 Hour spoiler talk show before,
I just deleted that.

====

Looks to me like Parker Schnabel is going to be the New Todd for comedy relief.
working with nothing to go on. Best drill holes showed "Trace".
I'm thinking his so Called friend Tony Beets is laughing through his scruffy beard,
behind his back.
I hope Parker didn't pay him for the land. Parker said it right,
Tony wont mine the land.

====

although the attempt at Drama failed, the Hoffman crew just may have
their crap together this year. not quite as Much "Waa Waa Waaaaa"
& no crying poverty yet,
when they needed something done, They coped & did it.
Fixed a Bridge, Hired a chopper to rush them a Diesil Filter, Crawled under wires
with their heavy equipment, with no mishaps :thumbsup:

They actually looked like semi-Pro

BS on the diamonds though imo, I still think diamonds are for Chumps.
I hope they are only mentioning them, for show filler.

====

the other crew with Fred the claim jumper, was a waste of space to fill a 2 hour show
IMO
just driving in snow, getting stuck , & trying to add drama.
:Add Yawn Gif here

====

now, unless next week is a 2 hour behind the scenes recap show.
and another 6 week hiatus till the next episode :(

I guess I'll stick around :icon_thumleft:

?Gold Rush? Season 4 premiere: Todd Hoffman on the run for riches in Guyana - Zap2it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
To be honest I wouldn't want to have anything to do with that show. I don't do well with blatant stupidity in real life. Watching it on TV is bad enough at times. Having to listen to their plans on how to add drama would make me crazier than I already am. I've spent quite a bit of time working on curbing my language (Munchkin Zone) and if I had to put up with that, I'd revert to my old ways and could make Tony Beets blush.

EDIT: Oh... And I don't work for no stinkin $10 a yard! If they can't find real pay streaks then I'm NOT interested!!!!!!

Last edited:

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
56508.jpg This is a raw diamond as u can see it is shiny as mud will not stick to them as they have a oil sheen to them that is what makes them look the way they do.i have seen raw diamonds before and they can take all shapes and even colors.the diamonds u are seeing on gold rush are raw diamonds they are knot faceted are cut.do ur research on raw diamonds before u say they are knot raw are that they are faceted.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 914917 This is a raw diamond as u can see it is shiny as mud will not stick to them as they have a oil sheen to them that is what makes them look the way they do.i have seen raw diamonds before and they can take all shapes and even colors.the diamonds u are seeing on gold rush are raw diamonds they are knot faceted are cut.do ur research on raw diamonds before u say they are knot raw are that they are faceted.

That is an example of a perfect raw diamond. All colors is right, most of them are shades of brown not very shiny when pulled from the dirt.

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 914917 This is a raw diamond as u can see it is shiny as mud will not stick to them as they have a oil sheen to them that is what makes them look the way they do.i have seen raw diamonds before and they can take all shapes and even colors.the diamonds u are seeing on gold rush are raw diamonds they are knot faceted are cut.do ur research on raw diamonds before u say they are knot raw are that they are faceted.

I have found a few raw diamonds myself and have seen many, many raw diamonds when found by others. Raw diamonds right out of their matrix are almost always very dull in color. They are actually very sticky, for lack of a better work, yet very, very slippery, at the same time. I know that sounds like and oxymoron, but that is what it is. When they are first found, most have a brownish and/or yellowish tint. At least, that has been my experience.

The diamond you show in your post is probably one out of hundreds. It has a perfect shape, for a raw stone, and that is rare!

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found very small diamonds dredging in Idaho and the ones i found were clear and a dirty brown color and they were very slick when trying to pick them up.but when u wash them as they do from the gravel they will be clean just like dredging they are cleaned from the water.but all raw diamonds i have seen have been very shiny and of all colors. but anyways u all can make up ur own minds on the diamonds.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you see the behind the scenes episode tonight? I admit it, I felt bad for Parker. he just needed his parents for a bit. That's a lot of stress for an 18 year old.

The hexacopter is seriously badass, and those shots in the opening credits are amazing.

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I remember being excited about these shows and looking forward to every episode a few years ago. As the series went on I tempered my expectations and came to accept what little useful information I could get as it seemed to be continually displaced by useless drama.

The commercial breaks seemed to go parabolic in proportion to the content and I started to lose interest. This season I have "missed" many more episodes than I have watched.

Apparently Discovery sees no value in offering these episodes in house online, which is surprising since they could probably target the adds they are so fond of more effectively.

My loss? Maybe, though I don't seem to be missing it much. Their loss? Probably. Gold Rush? Oh yeah, I remember that show.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't be watching till they get back to new episodes.

I really can't stand there Pre-shows, After-Shows, instead of Shows.
I see enough bull in the regular new episodes to last me

keitha43

Jun 14, 2013
Moore, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was funny when the excavator swatted the flying camera though. And when the guy was walking across the ice and fell through to his waist.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I emailed the producers stating my dislikes of the show with all the drama and the Hoffman's are idiots for placing the camera crew and the workers in harms way. I further stated how the show makes miners look like fools out destroying land for little gold recovery, that I could work circles around their equipment operators, welders, maintain the equipment to operating standards, etc. I also mention to them that $7.00 a yard on gold recovery is a joke. My email went out on Tuesday 12-17-13 at 11pm Arizona time and 6pm the Wednesday 12-18-13 in the UK. I received a reply a few hours later from, Gemma & Rebecca.

I took a stance that I was not interested in any employment and very happy at building equipment while working on very small scale that offers more enjoyment and more gold recovered per yard.

The producers wanted my phone number and wanted to talk to me about employment. No way...

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its the highest for Discovery Channel. 3.4 million total viewers (Gold Rush). If GR was on one of the four large networks that viewer count would get the show cancelled.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's show was pretty lame, hopefully next week will be better.

GG~

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was this show not on last night? Out of shear boredom I went to play poker last night and should have stayed home. My wallet drained of $$$. I knew I had this fantastic show to come home to. I had set my DVR to record both this show and Bering Sea Gold by extending the recording time for Gold Rush by one hour. Because Gold Rush was not on other than "THE DIRT" I missed BSG as well. From the sounds of it I did not miss a damn thing other than the dollars flying from my wallet. Yep I check the wallet this morning, Nada, Nothing, Empty!!! Just was not my night.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it appeared to me the 8PM 'Gold Rush' show was Reruns, with Twitter comments popping up
so I deleted after the first 5 Minutes.

according to the online Guide the 9 PM 'Gold Rush' show was Christo Badgering them in the studio
& calling it an Interview, So I didn't tape that one either

Bering Sea Gold at 10 was new though

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wasn't feeling all that great yesterday so I vegged and watched the back to back episodes all afternoon as I have missed quite a few. I now wish they never did the show as I am certain it has done a great deal of harm to our images as prospectors. Endless gallons of hydraulic fluid dumped into pristine water and rain forests and all they can talk about is filling it back up so they can do it again. It makes me sick:sad10:......and mad>:(.

Meep

Oct 30, 2013
San Diego
The Gold Rush "Challenge" thing they had was mildly entertaining. It made me like Tony a bit more and I left feeling pretty damn good about my panning skills.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone remember the announcer proclaiming that each team would pan a YARD of material? Said it twice and yet all I see is a 3 gallon bucket.

Bob

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone remember the announcer proclaiming that each team would pan a YARD of material? Said it twice and yet all I see is a 3 gallon bucket.

Bob

I caught that too and thought to pan a yard of material would take them a month.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold Rush "Challenge" thing they had was mildly entertaining. It made me like Tony a bit more and I left feeling pretty damn good about my panning skills.

Even my wife can out pan all of the TV panners I've seen. But then she can out pan me as well :tongue3:

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread