Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush' Season 4 premiere

well against my better judgement, I got up this morning & watched the 2 hour premier
on my DVR
before coming online.

I didn't watch their 1 Hour spoiler talk show before,
I just deleted that.

====

Looks to me like Parker Schnabel is going to be the New Todd for comedy relief.
working with nothing to go on. Best drill holes showed "Trace".
I'm thinking his so Called friend Tony Beets is laughing through his scruffy beard,
behind his back.
I hope Parker didn't pay him for the land. Parker said it right,
Tony wont mine the land.

====

although the attempt at Drama failed, the Hoffman crew just may have
their crap together this year. not quite as Much "Waa Waa Waaaaa"
& no crying poverty yet,
when they needed something done, They coped & did it.
Fixed a Bridge, Hired a chopper to rush them a Diesil Filter, Crawled under wires
with their heavy equipment, with no mishaps :thumbsup:

They actually looked like semi-Pro

BS on the diamonds though imo, I still think diamonds are for Chumps.
I hope they are only mentioning them, for show filler.

====

the other crew with Fred the claim jumper, was a waste of space to fill a 2 hour show
IMO
just driving in snow, getting stuck , & trying to add drama.
:Add Yawn Gif here

====

now, unless next week is a 2 hour behind the scenes recap show.
and another 6 week hiatus till the next episode :(

I guess I'll stick around :icon_thumleft:

?Gold Rush? Season 4 premiere: Todd Hoffman on the run for riches in Guyana - Zap2it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ooommmm he cussed!

the word I was looking for (in my mind) was euphemism. ( frickin is a euphemism for a bad word)

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking Dustin should throw his suction dredge in the bottom of the glory hole and pull all the gold that stupid bucket left behind. When you hit the floor (bedrock), vacuum the darn thing. The way the pieces of bedrock looked coming off the bucket, the floor is certainly not flat but rather full of cracks and crevices, holding and hiding all the gold they worked so hard to reach.
Yup, break out the dredge Dustin :icon_thumright:

Absolutely. Any one that has ever tried to clean bedrock with a bucket, especially one with teeth knows the good stuff is still there.

When Fred said fill it in I couldn't believe it. Dustin used a dredge last year and did well, why not there?? All that work to get there and not clean it off?? :BangHead:

They are just plain lucky that no one was hit in a high wall collapse.

-----------------

The Hoffman's runnin' off with no real reason was pretty poor, and then to demand 20 ounces by the time they came back. Lame.

--------------------

Parker is gonna lose some fans if he doesn't lighten up, can't afford to waste any time, then he runs home, 600 mi. one way, to see Grandpa.

-----------

I guess the producers think if they were all normal miners, and did well, we would lose interest.:tongue3:

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
You couldn't get me to lay down in that hole with 100+ lb. boulders raining down, not for any amount. I would tune in to watch fred do it though.

Last edited:

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOPS! Was that cussing guys? It just seems so normal.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The producers of this show absolutely SUCK!!!

I am sick and dam tired, of the staging, of so many, many, things going wrong. It's a bunch of Bullshit and I am very tired of watching it!!!

Do as I do DVR the show and watch it on your terms. Skip the BS. The drama is all BS and Discovery is losing viewers. As I said earlier don't be surprise if the producers are salting the paydirt. Discovery has billions so what's buying millions of gold to prolong the show. They found a bunch of idiots to play the parts and Discovery is getting the last laugh selling all the advertising space.

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show is like a bad car wreck. Don't wanna look but can't help myself.
I wonder what kind if disasters this week ? Any ideas ? :-)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was counting on the quicksand to end the reign a ignorance and finally shut up Toad before he kills someone with his ungodly beligerant stupidity. A LOADER IS NOT A BLOODY BULLDOZER :tongue3: darn tree missed too, can't a feller get a break anymore. YAAAAAAA lets waste 2+ years a diggn' a monster hole and leave that gold on bedrock because as we all know gold is never on bedrock :dontknow: hahahaha. Miners learned over a 100 years ago to remove teeth on bucket and install cutter plate to scrape bedrock clean but ol'Fred braindead and theres' darn well maybe a mil they are going to cover up as PROVEN by recovery of biggest best gold EVER on the insipid op.I'm starting to record so I can fast forward through stupidity as about 10 minutes outta a hour make any sense.......John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Attention.... There will be a new class offering at "The Hoffman School of Mining" Equipment Destruction 101. It seems that Professor Hoffman has never heard the old saying of "The right tool for the job" You don't send an excavator to do a bulldozers job! That fool came close on several occasions to getting someone killed with his blind stupidity. I guess since they're in S. America now instead of the Klondike they think that they don't have to worry about BASIC safety. Do they even have anything like OSHA down there? Even if they don't, common sense should tell you that you don't get your guys killed because you're not going to be able to get replacements to get the gold out. He's already had to resort to hiring family as it is because nobody else is dumb enough to work for him.

Fred needed to step back a bit and look at the big picture before saying "Fill it in". I'm sure that Hoser John, or many of the other guys here would have figured out how to get to that gold. Well.... There goes a major payday for his crew. For the amount of gold they stood to get I'd have gone out and begged, borrowed or stolen a couple of sections of hose to be able to get the job done.

Gold Rush. Our favorite televised train wreck......

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Attention.... There will be a new class offering at "The Hoffman School of Mining" Equipment Destruction 101. It seems that Professor Hoffman has never heard the old saying of "The right tool for the job"
Gold Rush. Our favorite televised train wreck......

No, you got it right, Hoffman's a tool...

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually guys, if you look at this show from a different perspective, It's really pretty dam good. Instead of being a Mining 101 Show, it could be classified as a Mining 010 Show. Instead of teaching you how to run a mining operation, it is excellent, at teaching you how NOT to run a mining operation!!! That is, except for the young kid, who at 18, seems to be learning from his experiences.

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Absolutely. Any one that has ever tried to clean bedrock with a bucket, especially one with teeth knows the good stuff is still there.

When Fred said fill it in I couldn't believe it. Dustin used a dredge last year and did well, why not there?? All that work to get there and not clean it off?? :BangHead:

They are just plain lucky that no one was hit in a high wall collapse.

-----------------

The Hoffman's runnin' off with no real reason was pretty poor, and then to demand 20 ounces by the time they came back. Lame.

--------------------

Parker is gonna lose some fans if he doesn't lighten up, can't afford to waste any time, then he runs home, 600 mi. one way, to see Grandpa.

-----------

I guess the producers think if they were all normal miners, and did well, we would lose interest.:tongue3:

Parker is just a boy amongst men. He goes running home crying to Grampa, licking his wounds. A spoiled kid from a family of great wealth and privelege. I will give him a Mulligan on this one, because of his youth and inexperience.

I'm shocked that Fred wanted to bail on the glory hole! The danger aspect is very real, and I think he recognizes this, but will not cop to it. I say DREDGE the hole! You don't spend 3 years busting your tail, then just quit and fold up like a cheap Arab tent!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re Last Episode, Looks like Beets finally caused Parker to destroy his Dredge.

Tony Beets' Greed ?
Jealousy & fear a Kid may show him up ?
Or Manufactured Drama to explain Parker replacing the old Dredge ?
Not real sure which, but it sure seems like Beets is so greedy no matter what
amount of gold Parker does, Beets will threaten to pull the plug if he doesn't step it up.

If the Hoffman crew doesn't get back to Gold Mining soon,
I'm going to loose interest in them. I couldn't care less about diamonds
if I tried. They ain't worth Spit ! the De Beers Diamond cartel will make sure of that.
(the cartel pays Children a few cents a piece to cut diamonds,
the Hoffmans will have to pay Americans a Few Hundred dollars each to cut theirs.
that is if any of the diamonnds they find is of jewelry quality)
best they can hope for is hitting the Diamond lottery & accidentally digging the worlds Largest Diamond, While dredging for gold.

The Claim Jumper, :Yawn. I find it sort of Funny his "Glory Hole" crapped out,
but again I wonder if osha or whoever runs the safety Mafia up there
shut them down due to dangerous practices, & Discovery promised to invent another reason, in order to avoid fines.

Either way , seems to me, Their new site is going to be more about the Drama of Dodging Weather
conditions,
then Mining gold. another Snore Fest IMO.

whatever happens, I guess the show will probably go on Hiatus till after the holidays now.

For some reason producers etc, Take vacations Dec, through January :(

Claim Jumpers

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If failures draw big ratings, the Hoffmans will make this show huge.

-----------

Parker breaks his wash plant. Really? no pic of whats broke, they pull what looks like a busted axle out, and claim that's what runs the entire plant......Parker runs to his trailer crying.......whaaat?

I'm skeptical of the whole breakdown....show us what broke....I think that axle came out of a pit truck.

------------------------

The Dakota boys almost dredge their hole, what a teaser. Now they are gonna mine by helicopter?? get serious.

-------------

Tune in next week when you will hear: " WHAT THE FRICK!!"

" I'M THE BOSS!! "

" Wish I had my loader "

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone else skeptical of the diamonds they supposedly "found" in Guyana? I have seen a lot of raw diamonds and theirs looked WAAAAYYYY too "sparkley" for one that's raw and uncut / unfacetted.

I am losing respect for Parker. For having such a wonderful role-model of a mine owner he seems to have learned nothing. Temper tantrums, yelling at his crew, demanding his crew work unreasonable hours, and letting Beets push him to run his equipment until it breaks.

And what happened to the brand new 4 inch dredge the Dakotas used last year? I guess they probably didn't own it, it was probably a loaner for getting the Keene name on TV.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my doubts on the Diamond they showed also.

it looked too Clean, almost looked cut.

of course someone may have salted the ground, like they did on the test digs for gold earlier, which turned out to be land fill :laughing7:

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I fell asleep Friday night when we were watching what we DVRed but the diamonds I saw too looked too perfect and cut to be fresh out of the ground but yet we still keep watching.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt seriously the Dakota boys ever intended to do anything with the "glory hole", I think they knew what they had up top all along, but just finding gold isn't the way this producer thinks he needs to hold his audience's attention. He needed to use a lot of cereal filler, because there just wasn't enough drama to fill a season if they went up top and found gold right away. Now real miners would love that, but the producer is only focused on viewers, not miners or prospectors at all.

We need a prospecting/mining show where the focus is THE GOLD, and not what producers want to employ to garner an audience.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's all about TV rating and keeping the people (commercial investors) happy. Your always going to have drama. Kinda like the show that follows GR. Where did Emily come up with 60k to purchase the Edge. If you don't own a DVR get and enjoy a date night with your better half. I watch this crap on my terms... Discovery Channel has all but run its course with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread