Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush' Season 4 premiere

well against my better judgement, I got up this morning & watched the 2 hour premier
on my DVR
before coming online.

I didn't watch their 1 Hour spoiler talk show before,
I just deleted that.

====

Looks to me like Parker Schnabel is going to be the New Todd for comedy relief.
working with nothing to go on. Best drill holes showed "Trace".
I'm thinking his so Called friend Tony Beets is laughing through his scruffy beard,
behind his back.
I hope Parker didn't pay him for the land. Parker said it right,
Tony wont mine the land.

====

although the attempt at Drama failed, the Hoffman crew just may have
their crap together this year. not quite as Much "Waa Waa Waaaaa"
& no crying poverty yet,
when they needed something done, They coped & did it.
Fixed a Bridge, Hired a chopper to rush them a Diesil Filter, Crawled under wires
with their heavy equipment, with no mishaps :thumbsup:

They actually looked like semi-Pro

BS on the diamonds though imo, I still think diamonds are for Chumps.
I hope they are only mentioning them, for show filler.

====

the other crew with Fred the claim jumper, was a waste of space to fill a 2 hour show
IMO
just driving in snow, getting stuck , & trying to add drama.
:Add Yawn Gif here

====

now, unless next week is a 2 hour behind the scenes recap show.
and another 6 week hiatus till the next episode :(

I guess I'll stick around :icon_thumleft:

?Gold Rush? Season 4 premiere: Todd Hoffman on the run for riches in Guyana - Zap2it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those diamonds are salted, sure as hell, and they are not raw diamonds, they are far too shinny and appear to be roughly faceted. What a joke! When the new diamond washer or whatever it's called was being set up, my son and I were debating as to what the first problems would be. Another joke!

As far as Parker goes, that piece of metal that they claimed to be an axle or drive shaft, etc., most certainly did not come from that machine. Hell, how would you be able to pull it out by hand? Just more BS Drama.

The Dakota Boys are just a continuation of all the other BS on this program.

My son and I agreed on two things, from now on we will record the program and fast forward through any parts involving the Hoffman's. If Dave is really gone for good, Kudos to him!

We also, after all this time, finally realized another thing about the program that is very irritating and that is the announcer's voice!!! He is definitely part of what's wrong with the show!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those diamonds are salted, sure as hell, and they are not raw diamonds, they are far too shinny and appear to be roughly faceted. What a joke! When the new diamond washer or whatever it's called was being set up, my son and I were debating as to what the first problems would be. Another joke!

As far as Parker goes, that piece of metal that they claimed to be an axle or drive shaft, etc., most certainly did not come from that machine. Hell, how would you be able to pull it out by hand? Just more BS Drama.

The Dakota Boys are just a continuation of all the other BS on this program.

My son and I agreed on two things, from now on we will record the program and fast forward through any parts involving the Hoffman's. If Dave is really gone for good, Kudos to him!

We also, after all this time, finally realized another thing about the program that is very irritating and that is the announcer's voice!!! He is definitely part of what's wrong with the show!

funny you should bring up the announcer's voice :laughing7:
I've been irritated by him the last few weeks also :thumbsup:

DVR & fast forward definitely helps

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's Dustin's next plan...Hit the Glory Hole from the air !
aerial dredge.jpg

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After last week's BS I am more convinced that Discovery Channel is allowing the salting of paydirt. The diamonds shown were not raw diamonds. So if they are introducing faceted diamonds who’s to say that the gold we have all seen the last few years has been purchased and paydirt salted. This show is really getting tough to watch, but the DVR helps as I will not waste my Fridays staying home to watch.

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder when Fred will send for the big guns . I bet he'll call for the mighty sky hook to come save the day !

dirtyhands59701

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2013
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the whole deal with the diamonds is so Discovery can start building up peoples interest in them. They see how well they have done with 'Gold Rush'. Just watch, within the next year they'll be coming out with another show. Something like 'Diamond Rush' that will revolve around some dumb ass crew with all their unneeded drama, looking to hit it big. I don't know how they can even consider it reality TV. It's so far from reality. Do gold miners really stay that clean? Half the time I swear they have makeup on. I honestly get dirtier when I go prospecting or detecting.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the whole deal with the diamonds is so Discovery can start building up peoples interest in them. They see how well they have done with 'Gold Rush'. Just watch, within the next year they'll be coming out with another show. Something like 'Diamond Rush' that will revolve around some dumb ass crew with all their unneeded drama, looking to hit it big. I don't know how they can even consider it reality TV. It's so far from reality. Do gold miners really stay that clean? Half the time I swear they have makeup on. I honestly get dirtier when I go prospecting or detecting.

I agree. Most likely the Producers saw that show on the weather channel (Prospectors ?)
about digging gems and Bad weather,
& are stealing the idea like they steal everyone elses.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They DID have a show like that earlier this year. It was about an American crew who goes to work on a diamond dredge boat out of South Africa. Same worthless, made-up drama, crew fights, equipment breaking, and ending with nothing to show for their efforts.

edit - I just looked it up. It was called "diamond divers" and was on Spike.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
The Hoffman School of Mining

Welcome to the Hoffman School of Mining! This semester we will be offering the following classes to further your mining experience....

Claim filing 101: Prerequisites, Letting a production crew choose it for you. In this class we will show you how to get a T.V. channel to pay for all of your fees and leasing costs for the sake of bad TV.
Instructor Prof Cristo

Prospecting 101: Prerequisites, Lack of brains of any type. In this class we will cover how not to follow basic prospecting techniques to be able to find gold on your claim.
Instructor Prof Hoffman

Claim Filing 201: Prerequisites, Claim filing 101. In this class we will teach you how to forget to pay your claim lease so you can have your claim bought out from under you.
Instructor Prof. F.Hurt

Prospecting 201: Prerequisites, Prospecting 101. In this class we will show you how to work tailings for old operations that have sat long enough for trees to grow over them. Hands on portion of the class will show how to strip a football sized section of ground for zero return.
Instructor Prof Hoffman

Indecision 101: Prerequisites, NONE In this class you will learn how not to make a valid decision or to not take the blame for poor decisions that you've made that cost your team time and money.
Instructor Prof. Hoffman

Mining Vocabulary 101: Prerequisites, Lack of social skills 101. In this class we will teach you how to talk like a real Klondike miner. You'll learn all of the correct terminology as well as how to intersperse your conversations with the proper colorful words to keep the censors busy.
Instructor Prof Beets.

Equipment Buying 101: Prerequisites, lack of negotiation skills. In this class we will teach you the easiest way to over pay for the needed equipment to get your claim up and running. This class will cover it all from heavy equipment to wash plants.
Instructor Prof P. Schnable

Equipment Buying 201: Prerequisites, EB101 In this class we will teach you how to get T.V. producers to buy you faulty equipment to recover diamonds once you've made the decision to give up on gold. ALso covered in this class is how to allow a custom made trommel wash plant to sit idle instead of using it as it was intended.
Instructor Prof Hoffman

Crew negotiations 101: Prerequisites, None other than feeling the pressure. In this class we will teach you how to run home to have a consultation with family when you could have done so over the phone. Fine points of the class will also cover how to run your crew into the ground with long hours and lack of sleep as well as how to threaten them with the loss of their jobs.
Instructor Prof P. Schnable

Seasoning 101: Prerequisites, TV Production 101. In this class we will show you how to salt your cons so clean ups are half way interesting and will keep your viewers interested. Not covered in this class is how to make the salting materials look realistic.
Instructor Prof Christo

We will of course be offering Master Classes in how not to run a real mining operation that can turn a profit without all the drama.

Here at the Hoffman School of Mining we welcome your suggestions for new classes. We will of course reject any ideas for a class that will actually teach someone how to run a mining operation in the correct way.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Omg, this is great!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Omg, this is great!

Thank you sir! This is what comes from growing up listening to Bill Cosby, George Carlin, and many other comedy artists. Throw in a good sized helping of Alan Alda in M.A.S.H. and you just might have some insight into the workings of this sick mind.

Edit: I of course would welcome ideas for more classes. In time I plan on writing this all up and sending it in to Discovery Channel as a means of protesting how stupid they make miners look. We've got enough of an image problem thanks to the "Greenies" and we don't need them adding fuel to the fire.

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is your opportunity to take your best shot at the producers of Gold Rush and tell them how you really feel.

Gemma and Rebecca
RAW TV, Producers of Gold Rush

Third Floor, 13 – 21 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3LT
UK Company Reg. 4305751
VAT: 788 4624 73

Gold Rush.png

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of course by complaining, the Producers will feel they are doing the right thing.

Just like the Majority of people who never miss a word from Howard stern's mouth,
are the ones who claim to hate him.

anger breeds Viewers.

& free advertisement on Forums like this :laughing7:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
of course by complaining, the Producers will feel they are doing the right thing.

Just like the Majority of people who never miss a word from Howard stern's mouth,
are the ones who claim to hate him.

anger breeds Viewers.

& free advertisement on Forums like this :laughing7:

You can bet the producers have already visited this site as well as many others and have a good understanding what's been post by everyone.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can bet the producers have already visited this site as well as many others and have a good understanding what's been post by everyone.

if not them personally, they have their Go-fers

soxfan401

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone previously mentioned Yukon Gold a few posts previous. Why is it that nobody talks about that show on this forum very often? It is 5 times better than watching the Hoff crew screw up everything they touch. On top of that they seem like real miners on the show instead of this Hollywood stuf on Gold Rush.

In defense, I DVR both shows as I live in RI and there is almost no mining to be had here. So something is better than nothing, even though GR is ful of it but it is fun to laugh at the problems they face (man made or not).

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two shows that I find much more interesting than the BS on this show are "Bering Sea Gold", both the winter and summer seasons and "prospectors" on the weather channel. Of course there is drama built into both of those shows as well but there is also a lot of real life Dredging and Prospecting/Mining.

I've tried to watch "Yukon Gold" for for some reason it does not hold my interest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread