What's new

Gold, Silver & 43P War Nick

Coastie59

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2011
Messages
453
Reaction score
673
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was looking for some new hunting areas on Google earth this past week and picked a spot that looked good. This spot had a small hotel and a public access beside it, the jewels came from mid beach and the older coins from a small cut at the dunes as I was heading out. Didnt know I had the war nick until I started going thru all the clad, about $8.00 in all from that small cut. The rings, whale tail pendant & claddagh ear ring are 925 and the charm is 14k. I think I will go back to that spot soon!!! HH!!!
001.webp004.webp009.webp14k charm.webp7-925.webp8-925.webpPhoto-0298.webp
 
Upvote 0
Not a bad days hall... Congrats...
 
Good day's work. Nice haul.
 
Coastie59, that was a terrific hunt!

Congratulations on all those great finds...I especially like that gold pendant!

Lorriane
 
good haul I have never found that many rings in one day.
 
the home work paid off, very nice
 
Looks like a good day
 
That was a decent days digs!!!
 
The cruddy silver cleaned up real nice. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to it? Nice hunt. Papa
 
Very nice! Great haul.

You have a great spot to keep working.
 
Beach Papa...when I dig the old silver, its heavy tarnished and sometimes crusty, growing on the tarnish. First thing I do is soak them in white vinegar for a few minutes to remove the crust, then soak them in Tarn-x to remove the tarnish and then wash them with baking soda. Some of the items that are a little rough I hit with a dremel tool with a with a small wire wheel brush. Thx for ur comments!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom