Cool Hand Fluke
Bronze Member
It's been raining in the San Fransisco bay area for 5 or 6 straight days so I was unable to go hunting last weekend. Today I went back to the palm tree median strip to continue my second pass of swinging my coil through this awesome spot. Ever since I started hunting this area I have been digging all of my nickel readings without fail, as a result I've dug hundreds of pull tabs and other miscellaneous trash items over the last 10 weekends. On another nickel reading I dug out a 10K gold band! It was about 2 inches deep and appears to have been hit by a lawnmower
....but I'll take any gold in any condition!
About an hour after the gold ring I was surprised with a silver ring dug at 4 inches with diamond chips across the top...
I dug a lot of wheat pennies today (14) ..One of them was 5 inches deep, I checked the hole again and about 3 inches above the hole was another perfect coin reading at the same depth. to my surprise out pops a sterling silver St. Christopher medal! The wheatie and the medal might have been lost at the same time by the same person?
I spent 5 hours in the median and moved to a different location. It was park that I've pounded many times in the past. I managed 2 more wheaties and another silver ring.
Silver & gold on the same day is always a good day!
....but I'll take any gold in any condition!
About an hour after the gold ring I was surprised with a silver ring dug at 4 inches with diamond chips across the top...
I dug a lot of wheat pennies today (14) ..One of them was 5 inches deep, I checked the hole again and about 3 inches above the hole was another perfect coin reading at the same depth. to my surprise out pops a sterling silver St. Christopher medal! The wheatie and the medal might have been lost at the same time by the same person?
I spent 5 hours in the median and moved to a different location. It was park that I've pounded many times in the past. I managed 2 more wheaties and another silver ring.
Silver & gold on the same day is always a good day!
Attachments
-
Gold Ring 10K 001.webp26.2 KB · Views: 105 -
Gold Ring 10K 002.webp26.8 KB · Views: 96 -
Gold Ring 10K 003.webp29.9 KB · Views: 90 -
Gold Ring 10K 004.webp40.7 KB · Views: 96 -
Gold Ring 10K 005.webp18 KB · Views: 98 -
Gold Ring 10K 006.webp34.7 KB · Views: 96 -
Gold Ring 10K 007.webp22.8 KB · Views: 99 -
Gold Ring 10K 009.webp10.9 KB · Views: 96 -
Gold Ring 10K 010.webp30.4 KB · Views: 100 -
Gold Ring 10K 001.webp33.8 KB · Views: 106 -
Gold Ring 10K 002.webp24.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote
18

Congrats on pulling all those targets, especially those silver and gold ones.






