What's new

Gold sword

JustMyLuck79

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 20, 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
James bay ,Ontario
Primary Interest:
Other
I Need some Help identifying this sword
Roughly how old
It’s 3.4lbs
25”length x 1”-1/2 width x 1/4” thick
Looks unfinished
 

Attachments

  • D4429DE1-C191-4AD9-B373-4857DEB3B954.webp
    D4429DE1-C191-4AD9-B373-4857DEB3B954.webp
    510.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 0D244DBC-8F82-4D69-B903-7E9D84F2DEFD.webp
    0D244DBC-8F82-4D69-B903-7E9D84F2DEFD.webp
    739.3 KB · Views: 105
Certainly looks unfinished.
It certainly looks like 70/30 yellow brass also.
Same type of brass found in watch cases, zippers, shell casings
70% copper 30% zinc content
 
Upvote 3
Certainly looks unfinished.
It certainly looks like 70/30 yellow brass also.
Same type of brass found in watch cases, zippers, shell casings
70% copper 30% zinc content
I cut the edges bright gold colour in side &
I can bend it over my legs and no problem bending back + magnet didn’t stick
 
Upvote 0
A brass sword? What's next - glass auto tires? I can't think of a worse metal for a sword. Even lead would have an advantage over brass, at least you could use it as a club.

That type of brass puts it at 1850 or later. With the lack of corrosion I'd guess it's no more than a year old.
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom