What's new

Gold.....

Mason Jarr

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
517
Reaction score
1,912
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 80
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....well, gold colored, at least. I bought a mini furnace this year and have decided to melt all the scrap I've accumulated from detecting. This little ingot is brass and made from some cartridges and a few harmonica reeds. I'm wondering if anyone else is melting their scraps. I'm thinking about getting some custom molds and making a few doo-dads for key chains, etc.
 

Attachments

  • Gold.webp
    Gold.webp
    184.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Pretty cool, I melt down all my lead fishing weights into bars for future use making more weights, I make certain types of weights so the ones I find don't work for my uses.
 
Where did you get the mini forge ?
 
Last edited:
Cool! What kind of assay and what are your plans with the metal?
 
Cool! What kind of assay and what are your plans with the metal?

I'm not having it tested for content...just whatever I find detecting and can identify as brass, copper, etc. goes into my recycling boxes. I'm hoping to get some molds that'll let me pour some shapes that I can make keychains with. It's mainly something to do in the winter when our ground is too hard to dig.
 
Watch a guy on youtube named moosescrapper a lot and he has a devil forge he really likes.You might remember copper and brass are both very malleble and can be hammered into a shape you like if you can,t find a mold exactly like you want.Jim.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom