Gold...

i got lucky yrs ago - had a yard sale and had some - nonfound gold out and guy showed up early and paid me 100% spot - he had testers and scales in back of his truck - was serious investor
i weighed stuff myself - he was legit - wish i had his #
WE ALL wish we had his number ha ha ha 🤣
I met a guy yard selling too but he paid 90% of spot, and would weigh it and pay it... I think I might still have his number somewhere.... that's 5% less than Midwest for GOLD, or SILVER ... BUT he will pay you for diamonds in your jewelry Midwest doesn't pay for stones..

The gold buyer in Miami pays 95%. He's in the Seybold building. It's 10 floors and 300 jewelers.

i got lucky yrs ago - had a yard sale and had some - nonfound gold out and guy showed up early and paid me 100% spot - he had testers and scales in back of his truck - was serious investor
i weighed stuff myself - he was legit - wish i had his #
Now that's what I'm looking for, someone to pay cash and 100% market price as the gold is marked, that is real.

I use Mid-West but not real happy with them. Out of 5 send in's (in the last 7 years, 4 were gold, 1 silver) I only got two returns I was Happy with. Under 3 ounces they buy it outright, meaning they don't pay you for what it is stamped. Not figured it out but what I am seeing is they either use a XRF gun or they are bunching all the marked gold together and buying it as 9k or 12k, based on which way the scales lean on (K) of the gold. I have one more send in and I should know, got a 32 gram 10k gold ring that I want to have tested with a XRF gun before I send in..

Over 3 ounces they will melt all and pay whatever the gold purity is...

Well it took a nice jump today

Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 6.53.06 PM.png

I remember a time when some guys would b#tch about finding palladium :tongue3:
Even back in the gold rush days, the sluice used get filled with it, they would just put it aside.
There probably is still small caches of the stuff.

is at $2045 an ounce
how high will it go?
FWIW (probably what you paid for it) I study the stock market and precious metals. Golf tens to rise and fall in ~8 year cycles. We are currently just over 1 year into the current 8 year cycle. Testing the all time highs so early in the cycle bodes very well for the price of gold. It will be north of $5000 in the next few years. You hear it here first... :)

View attachment 2117765
View attachment 2117766
FWIW (probably what you paid for it) I study the stock market and precious metals. Golf tens to rise and fall in ~8 year cycles. We are currently just over 1 year into the current 8 year cycle. Testing the all time highs so early in the cycle bodes very well for the price of gold. It will be north of $5000 in the next few years. You hear it here first... :)
Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 8.02.18 PM.png

I would like to to see where this 1 year of a 8 year cycle actually is?
Been bouncing for the past 2.5 years now.

View attachment 2119143

I would like to to see where this 1 year of a 8 year cycle actually is?
Been bouncing for the past 2.5 years now.
Cycles are measured from low to low. October 2008, November 2015 and October of 2022 were the last three cycle lows (fairly obvious even on the chart you attached). The next isn't due to til the 2029-2030 time frame. The current cycle will either spend most of that time going higher or explode to significantly higher highs rapidly (say next two years) then spend much of the 8 year time frame heading back down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back