What's new

Good bank branch finally,

pepperpump

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
971
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Well the bank last week that I got my skunk from turned out to give me one of my good boxes this weekend and guess what? They agreed to order me a box a week for now on. Surprised me as they offered to do this for me without me asking. I pickup Thrusdays. I think I will by the staff donuts or something this week. Any suggestions? Thanks and Happy CRH! ;D
Pepperpump ;D
 
Upvote 0
Very surprising that they would offer to bring you a box every week without you asking for it and especially without making you call each time you want one.

In my many years of crh I could never get a bank to do this,always had to call to order each box and even then sometimes they would "forget" ::)

Sounds like you have a good thing going there,especially if the boxes are producing good amounts of silver.

Do they charge you for this service or per box?

Do you have a free coin counter you can use or do you have to reroll them for deposit?good luck...
 
No fee and they do have coin counters for free which they make you use. No problem there either. I think I am on to something there!
Pepperpump ;D
 
Definitely on to something good there.

No charge to order boxes,no charge to dump in a machine and they let you have a standing order every week.AMAZING :).They make you dump it into a machine-priceless-.Guess the best banks in the country don't trust their customers counting abilities when it comes to returning coin.Here they make you write your account number on every roll,in case it's short.YOU are very LUCKY...

The only banks near me with counters charge fees(slightly less for customers) and they put the coin in(not self serve).

All other banks make you roll it back up and have deposit limits(like $300-500 max per week) the way to get around that is go on different days and make sure you use a different teller ;).

If it was a "real" bank policy to not accept more than $300-$500 per week then there would be a red flag on the computer screen when the teller processed the deposit,right?

Good luck :)
 
The bank I use for is CRh is Chevy Chase....they have the free counters as well. I think they believe the counters are exact but let me tell you how many times they will short you when you dump which is all the time. I travel the bank branches to find a "good machine". So far I have found 2 good machines out of about 15 branches. I found one near my job this week that was perfect...they don't know it yet but they are my new dump bank ;)
Pepperpump
 
Yeah, those Chevy Chase counters tend to vary in their accuracy from machine to machine. Good luck finding one that's well calibrated for halves, which is obviously a low priority for service technicians. Of the three different counters I've used, I only trusted one with my halves. The coin counter blues.... what can you do?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom