What's new

Good, better and best

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Good: Buying a Morgan Dollar at silver spot price.
Better: Buying a Morgan Dollar at face value.

Best: Getting a Morgan Dollar for free!

I was about to use the coin counter in the bank lobby yesterday, and hit the button to start it. As it started spinning it made quite a loud racket, much louder than if just one or two bent coins were stuck in the spinning mechanism. So I stopped the counter and flipped up the lid at the top to reveal a die, two heavy-duty metal cylindrical numbering wheels and a large stud/bolt of some sort. Oh, and of course the 1921D Morgan Dollar as well 8).

picture694.jpg

picture695.jpg

picture696.jpg

picture697.jpg

picture698.jpg


It is pictured with and without flash. The coin has some residue on the obverse which appears to be some sort of rust that is stuck onto it. I theorize it sat somewhere with a piece of rusting metal on it for a very long time and the rust left a residue on the surface of the coin. No, the coin is not made of steel and it isn't rusting. It's just been transferred onto the surface from something else. Hope you all enjoy the pictures.
 
Upvote 0
AWESOME SCORE!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
awesome grab :D HH
 
WOW, what a sweet score, Congrats
 
Sweet! I think maybe we'll find one to match it at Dunn's if the snow ever goes away!
 
Just goes to show you the big find can be where you least expect it.

-Golden Silver
 
Simply.......Amazing.....

I have nothing else to say.... :icon_sunny:
 
That is a 1921 Denver Mint Silver Morgan Dollar
that year morgans for D
Regular Mintage=20,345,000
Proofs=0
90% Silver
10% Copper
Diameter 38.1mil
Weight 26.73 grams

Great Find

Congrats

Darth Walker
 
Great find....I'b be happy even with the rust!
 
so sick
im still waiting for my first silver dollar
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom