What's new

Good boxes still Walking around out there

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
The last 3 months have been pretty slow, but September has started out very good. Last weeks box to start the month had a 52-S Franklin, a 64, 64-D, 66, 5x 67, 4x 68-D, and 3x 69-D.

I picked-up this weeks box today and found this
08SEP10_Box_1.jpg


Nice to see a Walker showing. I wanted to take a closer look at the dark half in the upper left corner and found another Walker looking up at me under it. I flipped the top row and found 3 more end Walkers.
08SEP10_Box_2.jpg


All together 6 Walkers on the ends along with a silver Kennedy and a dark Proof.
08SEP10_Box_3.jpg


It was a very fun box to open. The final results
08SEP10_Box_Total.jpg


31 Walkers and 3 Franklins
08SEP10_Box_WalkersandFranklins.jpg


9 90% and 21 40% Kennedys
08SEP10_Box_Kennedys.jpg


8 Proofs that look like they could have been in a fire
08SEP10_Box_Proofs.jpg


A 1978 Irish 50P and a 50 cent casino token from the Par-A-Dice casino in Peoria, IL
08SEP10_Extras_Rev.jpg


By far my best Walker total for a single day and good motivation to keep searching. I've had a lot of boxes in the last 2 years with one tight end a one kind of smashed end like you see in the pictures. I had thought that maybe someone had already looked at them and rerolled, but I guess this box proves they just have a machine that rolls that way.

Going to do a long road trip Friday and hope the luck continues.
 
Upvote 0
Thats the best walker box score I've seen in a long time. Nice job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
That's a great score! But am I the only one who thinks most of those rolls have been re-rolled?????
 
nyiangelo said:
That's a great score! But am I the only one who thinks most of those rolls have been re-rolled?????

Looks like the rolling machine sucks. From what I've seen with re-rolled halves, humans tend not to do such a crappy job.
 
Great score :thumbsup: Love the pics :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Thanks everybody. I have been skeptical about the un-machine like roll ends in the past. I have had a bunch of boxes like this and have inspected the tape to see if there was any indication that the box had been opened in the past but could never find anything. I can't imagine anybody but a roll hunter opening $500 worth of machine rolls and re-rolling them. Nobody who knows anything about silver would re-roll these so I'm finally willing to agree with my wife that this is just a machine not doing a good job.

The dates of the halves are:

Walkers
1x 1934-D
1x 1936
1x 1940
3x 1941
4x 1941-D
2x 1941-S
5x 1942
5x 1943
1x 1943-D
1x 1944
1x 1944-D
4x 1945
1x 1945-D
1x 1947

Franklins
1x 1952
1x 1954-D
1x 1961-D

Kennedys
2x 1964
7x 1964-D
2x 1965
1x 1966
7x 1967
8x 1968-D
3x 1969-D
Proofs
3x 1979-S
1x 1980-S
1x 1985-S
1x 1986-S
1x 1987-S
1x 1990-S

No key or semi-keys in the group.
 
That is a dream box by my standards! Hell, more than 1 walker in a box constitutes a dream box in my opinion! Congratulations on that great score!
 
Yes, it'd be a dream box for me too!! I haven't gotten a Walker since March!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Congrats - for 2010 I'm voting dream box. We haven't seen a lot of 60+ coin boxes this year. That is a lot of Walkers in one box. Very nice! :headbang:

Maine_Jim
 
That is more walkers than i have gotten ever. Huge.
 
Too bad you only get one box at a time, usually the boxes before and after the good ones are pretty good too. Congrats and HH Mark
 
Awsome box. Bet theres more out there with this one.
 
Great Box. Been a while since I have seen someone pull that many walkers in a box. Good job. That is motivation

Golden Silver
 
Good score, Fropa! One of the best Walker scores I've seen coming from one box. Bet there's another load of Walkers in the boxes next to your's. Wherever they may be.
Nice photos. Very motivating. Thanks and congrats.
rileyboy
 
That's what it's all about, nice haul, glad to see it's still out there!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom