What's new

Good day at the B of A

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Stopped by the B of A to get some cash and coin. Ended up at the Merchant counter, and spied two Ikes and some halves in the tray. Two of the halves were gold colored, so I hoped they might be silver (the edges did not show any copper toning). When I asked for halves, the teller pointed to the ones in his tray, and said he'd check the other stations.

He came back with two more halves, and I am glad that he got them, because these turned out to be 40%! The rest of the halves were clad, but the little guy will enjoy the gold ones.

While I was waiting, I noticed a silver dime in the tray, so I managed to get that when the teller came back. He did not seem to mind me asking for the silver dime; he just happily cashed me out, and I went happily on my way.

So, I ended up with the following:

1 Roosie
2 40%
2 Ikes

Then I went to a bank to dump a bunch of pennies in the coin counter. The credit union is a little out of the way, but I like to go there since it is in an area with a lot of European Immigrants, and I usually end up with good coins out of the reject tray (I must have gotten about 20 1 pound coins and another $20 worth of Canadian coins over the last year). Anyway, the dump tray contained 1 Canadian quarter, and 8 Bicentennial Quarters!! Not a bad score!

To top things off, I then got another bicentenial quarter at the local Jack in the Box! Cool!


Happy hunting.
 
Upvote 0
Make sure you ask for the new pennies! Not all, but many of the B of A only got two boxes in each and they are not getting any more. I know you hunt at different banks and sections of town than me but start asking for them. I've been able to get three and a half boxes worth so far. Put them on eBay and you'll be sure to double your money (if not more). Good luck!
 
Thanks - I will try that. I usually buy my penny boxes at U S Bank since they contain lots of coppers and wheats, but I guess it's worth asking! I hope we do not cross paths in the field!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom