What's new

Good day at the B of A

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Stopped by the local silver mine - I mean B of A - to get some cash for my upcoming trip to Vegas (where, of course, I plan to hunt at the casinos that use halves). My favorite teller waves me over and says she has two rolls of halves, and another $10 in her tray. After my usual response, she starts rolling the ones in her tray, and says "Only this one is silver; do you still want them all?". I say "Of course". The two rolls that were already sealed up were nice and new, and had an "S" written on the side.

Long story short: Out of 60 halves, I ended up with 30 40%ers! This is a great score! I am not sure why the 40% finds are going through the roof, while I am not finding any 90%, but I am not complaining!

Happy hunting. Work the vein while it lasts.
 
Upvote 0
nice score. I don't mind the 40s as I sell them and buy coins with the profits.
 
You and me both. This weekend, I unloaded about 700 40%. Spent my hard found loot on a collectible coin and some gold.
 
STDevil said:
I am not sure why the 40% finds are going through the roof, while I am not finding any 90%, but I am not complaining!

Why(?). Had a conversation with a teller not long ago she said alot of people are hurting and are digging in their change- turning it in to get by, thus much more Silver coming into Banks from long hidden- saved cubby holes.
 
My tellers are saying the same thing, they have been seeing a lot more coin lately.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom