What's new

Good day at the B of A

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Stopped by the B of A to deposit some hard earned gambling winnings, and the lovely teller said she was glad to see me since she had a lot of silver dollars - the big ones. I knew they were Ikes, but Ikes are cool, so I took them. Ended up with two Morgans!
 
Upvote 0
What's the date on the morgans?
 
Nice! :icon_thumright: Nothing like getting those old silver dollars.

Maine_Jim
 
Gambling winnings??? What kind? I love gambling. I actually met my wife at a gambling boat. :headbang:
 
Kantuckkeean said:
Gambling winnings??? What kind? I love gambling. I actually met my wife at a gambling boat. :headbang:

Now that is a dangerous LOVE, gambling that is!
 
Not dangerous if you know what you're doing, and have discipline. I paid for a good part of my education with blackjack and poker winnings, and one year when the IRS said that I owed them some $1300 more than I'd already paid, I went to the boat and they footed the bill for me. ;D However, I am the exception to the rule, and I despise the damn industry. It has, and will continue to ruin lives. I have succeeded because I studied (read, practiced, read, practiced and practiced some more before I ever set foot in a gambling establishment). I played thousand of hands of blackjack on 6- and 8-deck shoes in my room using pennies, nickels, and quarters as chips, exactly as was done in the local casinos. I kept stats, and only took $200 with me. If I lost, I left. If I began winning pretty good, I'd pocket a little over $200, to cover my buy-in and expenses, and then I'd try to pound them with their money. Often, I was successful.

My biggest win was finding my future wife. :headbang:

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Blackjack's my game. I seem to be lucky at that!
 
STDevil said:
Blackjack's my game. I seem to be lucky at that!

As far as the table games go, blackjack has the best odds and known history.

Do you count? And, what kind of shoes do you play? Max/Min, # of decks, does dealer hit or stay on soft 17? The lousy ba$tards near me changed the game so that dealer hits soft 17. Also, have you ever split 4s vs. dealers 5 or 6? It's a good play.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Kantuckkeean said:
Not dangerous if you know what you're doing, and have discipline...
That's the key, discipline.
I set an amount (high and low) to leave and stick to it.

Congrats on the Morgans, they are my favorite coin (next to Trade Dollars), but I haven't seen any through CRH.
 
I used to be able to find an occasional morgan or peace by ordering bags of IKES. My bank doesn't allow me to order them anymore. I did find a prized 1921 Peace on a bag once.. made it all worth it I guess. I used to order IKES and sell on Ebay. I don't think they command the premiums as they used to so it's not worth it anymore.
 
nice! Can you order rolls of dollars? Do they even roll them? Post pics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom