What's new

Good day in an old field

arrow86

Silver Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
3,377
Reaction score
4,083
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past week I rode out to one of my favorite spots that has been no tilled for the past 7-9 years but they decided to plow this year. I looked for a few minutes on Thursday and found a few brokes but made it back out today. Found a nice knife/blade a few whole points and 2 heart breakers ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460323313.103272.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460323331.053396.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460323347.938475.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460323360.258186.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460323371.708557.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460323381.040964.webpthe one with the dark band has an odd shape to it , possibly reworked from a larger broke point.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460323447.397145.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460323458.565319.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460323471.465216.webp .... Sorry there still kinda dirty I haven't taken the time to really clean them yet. And I kinda like leaving some dirt on them
 
Upvote 0
Some nice quartz pieces for sure, nice size too. That large broke would've been killer. Hope it gives you more.
 
Looks like "Quartz City", you did pretty good, nice haul!
 
Maybe you should offer to pay for their gas to turn it more often for you. Thats a good haul
 
Yea deff. A lot of Quartz .... I could prob fill a bucket with all the cores and chunks that have obvious flaking. If I ever hit the lottery I'll be buying land just to plow I will invite you guys
 
One of my best hunting area is for sale. I dont have 2.5 mil to buy it. Hope it takes a while to sell.
 
All are nice finds!! There may be some whole points hiding a little deeper!! I would check that field each time its plowed! Good luck in your next hunt!!
 
Sweet finds...those heartbreaker bases would have been killer. I like leaving a little of the dirt on mine too.
 
That is an awesome field. I hope you continue to find good artifacts in it. In what area of the country are you?
 
That is an awesome field. I hope you continue to find good artifacts in it. In what area of the country are you?

I am in Maryland I live on the eastern shore but those came from Cecil county it's still eaten shore but the spot I found them is further from the shore. It's kind of odd I grew up out there and having nothing else to do I would walk the fields but looking at maps it's far from any major water sources. There's a small stream but it's miles from the coast. The stream must have been a lot bigger years ago and produced enough goods to sustain a small camp/ village
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom