good day or bad?

russ02

Nov 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
part2 11713 001.JPG part2 11713 002.JPG part2 11713 003.JPG part2 11713 004.JPG part2 11713 005.JPG part2 11713 006.JPG part2 11713 007.JPG part2 11713 008.JPG part2 11713 009.JPG

Upvote 3
OP
OP
R

russ02

Nov 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wasnt the only things we found today, but thats all we have cleaned at the moment. sorry im just getting excited as i found the the 2 bottles in pic 1 are sold on ebay, one is 40 and the other was double digits as well. found a 1930 nh lic. plate as well, rusted but it was still cool. and other things i have no clue what they are but looked cool. lots more to dig there and there are several other spots. i wonder if the whole dang town dumped here back then.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome! How do you get the bottles so clean? I only have a few not too old ink wells found while the sidewalks were dug up and replaced. Have to say I like the glass to the left with the amber liquid in it the best of all ! Some of those are mason jars, right? Congrats on your sale of finds!

OP
OP
R

russ02

Nov 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol amber liquid, come on over ill pour ya one. most of them i do not know what they are. right now ive found my best luck discovering what they are is ebay. and those are only the ones with writing on them.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets see a pic of the dump - you can put old lic. plates in oxalic acid and make them look a lot better - there is a lot more paint under the rust than you might think (unless its an ash/burn dump)-works even better on old tins...toys....beer cans especially....Ive found many brown cans that come out looking great (and sometimes $$$)

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php

sorry im just getting excited as i found the the 2 bottles in pic 1 are sold on ebay, one is 40 and the other was double digits as well.

Hey russ,

I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm. That Nu Grape Bottle | eBay is nice, but not $40.00 nice. The ABM Bromo is not worth 5¢, in my opinion. These are 1920-1930 era machine made bottles. Made by the millions.

Don't get me wrong, There are collectible bottles from this era. Particularly sodas and dairy bottles. Otherwise, unembossed, screw top bottles and jars are eminently recyclable.

If you put up clear, focused photos of some of the makers marks & possible date codes, they could be more closely dated.

I'd suggest some digging beneath this surface stuff, perhaps you'll break the 1900 barrier.

Good luck.

ad-nov-1890.jpg

OP
OP
R

russ02

Nov 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok surf and thank you. i think some of theese were cork, i will repost them with better shots. ummm some of them have nothing written on them, some have a symbol and just a number on the bottom of bottle. i will do my best to make it more clear in the pics. pete i will get u pics of the dumpsite tomoro. it is surrounded by lots of rocks and boulders as well as on top and under the finds. rocks everywhere!! i tool alot of the metal and throwed it into a scrap pile. might be kicking myself if i threw something worth something. lol part of the dump looks as tho the glass was melted, i cant tell if it was a barn, house or just a dump site. seems like only one side had melted glass. i did however find parts of lightbulbs door handles white, maybe porceline, pieces of an old woodstove, only 3 fake silverware items. it does not seem like a very likely place for a home. many hills around it, all the water would seem to rush right at it. altho i did junk out some old car that was there a long time ago. dont know what it was, mainly looked like parts. no motor no axles pretty much a cab of something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread