Good detector for large meteorites

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
My dad is hunting for large meteorites, among his finds are a few mid size nickel/iron meteorites and a 1,423Lb monster at just under 4 feet but his GP3500 does not go deep enough , he keeps getting many weak signals but they seem to "move" , i was considering the purchase of a White's TM808 or a GTI 2500 with treasure hound but would like to get some advice first .. i need something that goes at least 6 feet deep :icon_thumright: ..

Any advice is appreciated.. ;D .

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
The GTI2500 with the Eagle Eye double box is a top of the line detector for what you are looking for. It will pick up really deep signals. I'm not sure of how deep for the smaller meteors but should pick up larger ones at four plus feet.

If you contact Garrett and other detector companies by email and ask about their systems for depth then you should get a good response about their top of the line detectors for depth.

There is a section on this forum for detectors and companies profiles.

Good luck and happy hunting.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Sounds like your father is doing just great, DGO !

To find 3 galactic travelers would be awesome !

I have no personal experience, but your OP mentions the choices I've seen advised, without special construction of a very large coil.

It's quite possible they would be deeper than a single coil he is using, and in the least would search from a different perspective.

Best
rmptr

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Take a look at the PI detectors with large loops, 30 to 40 inch loops from
either Accurate Locators or Treasure Now's Maxi Pulse.
Being PI's they won't have ground pickup and will go plenty deep
Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread