Good dime night

Nomatic00

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wasn't having any luck with halves so I decided hit the dimes and got 8 boxes this week. I've made it through 6 boxes so far. 30 Roosevelt's and 1 Mercury :) Glad I got dimes!!
photo (1).JPG

Upvote 0
Wow, that sounds pretty incredible for 6 boxes. I've only done a few boxes of dimes so I can't speak from experience, but based one everyone else's posts that looks great!! Were most in one box? HH

Nice numbers. I like doing dimes, my area has been really good with those suckers. Last month i had a box with 23 silvers, a bunch with 5-7 per box. I found my first barber and about 15 mercs in that time. its finally starting to come back down to normal, but i still average like 2 a box. Better then my average of 1 40% per 2 boxes of halves. Id keep hitting them while their hot.

Last edited:
Wow, that sounds pretty incredible for 6 boxes. I've only done a few boxes of dimes so I can't speak from experience, but based one everyone else's posts that looks great!! Were most in one box? HH

They were scattered around in the boxes, 3,2,8,6,2,10 I normally average about 1 per box. This was a first for me finding multiple silver in one roll. It was a nice feeling :)

Nice numbers. I like doing dimes, my area has been really good with those suckers. Last month i had a box with 23 silvers, a bunch with 5-7 per box. I found my first barber and about 15 mercs in that time. its finally starting to come back down to normal, but i still average like 2 a box. Better then my average of 1 40% per 2 boxes of halves. Id keep hitting them while their hot.

I hope my finds stay hot like that. I have an order in from the same bank for 8 more boxes next week, so fingers crossed.. I'm on a 11 box skunk streak on halves so the luck with dimes is welcome relief!!

Dimes always vary for me. I'll have a really good week.. Probably a collection dump or something? I will average 4-6 a box during those or periods. Then during normal dime times I will average 1-2 a box like is usual with everyone else.. In 9 months CRH I've found many more dimes though I've increased my profit from the halves much more because off their size compared to dimes.. But hell you can't complain about $100 rolls of dimes either... Lol

To the original poster.. Great job on the dimes that is killer numbers.. Whew.. I've literally been doing 2 boxes minimum a day for 9 months and have yet to break my 7 silvers in a box number..

Last edited:
Nice, go grab all the boxes in your area and enjoy it while you can. I use to get dime boxes like that years ago when i first started and it will change so go grab all the Ag you can:thumbsup:

Awesome work! Yeah, dimes seem to be the only thing left for me too.

Been at CHR for just a few months but dimes are my go-to. So far never more than 2 per box and lots of skunks and still looking for that first Mercury. Way to go on your current streak and hope it lasts for you! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back