What's new

GOOD FOR 5 CENTS AT THE BAR

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
391
Golden Thread
0
Location
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I just got around to cleaning up this token that I dug last summer. It is suffering from a little aluminum rot but still kinda nice ;D

Token is about the size of a Quarter. " GOOD FOR 5 CENTS AT THE BAR " and what looks like " J.H. CALLAHAN "

I googled it but did not come up with much :dontknow: Any info on this token out there ?


VPR

 

Attachments

  • IMG_9257_1_1.webp
    IMG_9257_1_1.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_9259_1_1.webp
    IMG_9259_1_1.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 498
This might be a starting place .. or not ... :icon_scratch:

Unlisted A S8
CALLAHAN’S / BAR / WHITEWATER, / WIS.
Good For / 5¢ / In Trade
 
Upvote 0
Re: GOOD FOR 5 CENTS AT THE BAR - ID To Lansing MI

This is listed in the book:

MICHIGAN MERCHANT TOKENS, Cunningham. Lists 9000+ tokens, with 2100 photos, street guide, index. Includes maverick index and street guide (excellent for attributing mavericks). With some photographs of tokens and contemporary photos of merchants, with some information on merchants. A massive history of Michigan, with 9000+ tokens listed, 2100 photographs. Hard-Bound 1988, 740p. Detailed descriptions,

which I stock on my web page at www.exonumia.com/books.htm

as being LANSING, MI:

John H. Callahan, 1902-04
Proprietor of Cadillac Saloon, etc.

Rich Hartzog
www.exonumia.com
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom