What's new

(good idea) One of my favorites

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personal find from private property in central Florida.
Over 2" wide

ForumRunner_20141005_170707.webp



ForumRunner_20141005_171023.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice point, material, and workmanship. Thanks for sharing.
 
nice and shiny

i saw that before when you posted.........it is an awesome nice piece

i always wonder if it were a knife or a dang big atlatl point
 
That is a monster!Very nice
 
nice and shiny

i saw that before when you posted.........it is an awesome nice piece

i always wonder if it were a knife or a dang big atlatl point

Me too.
Thanks guys
 
Last edited:
That's a pretty one Woodland or Archaic?
 
Whoaaa killer. Is that a hornstone in Fla?
 
It sure looks like that Tennessee hornstone don't it.... It's middle archaic.. Here its considered an Alachua.
 
That looks exactly like hornstone boss sweet point
 
I've posted it here several times but I don't think they were in natural light

ForumRunner_20141005_200809.webp
 
Those little blue pieces in it probably would of been all over it without the patina correct?
 
Great point/knife!! I wouldn't want anybody coming at me with that on the end of a stick. Tony
 
Last edited:
Yes I mean looking sucker.. it's thick for its size so it's heavy too ....still sharp.
rock.. Those little blue pieces honestly I'm not even sure exactly what they are.. (I'm used to quartz in chert).... seem to just be in that vein.
 
That sure is ''mighty fine'' looking! :icon_thumright: Looks like it could have been used as a knife.
 
I think I'll pull it from the case and take some shots now
 
:icon_thumleft: Now, those photo's are "Much'' better!
 
Thanks guys its always fun going through the old stuff way way better to find new stuff though
 
Now that's a super shot of it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom