jim4silver
Silver Member
I was able to buy a $500 bag of halves from a coin counting machine today. The total finds are:
10-Franklins
1- 64 Kennedy
123-40%s
Kind of weird only 1 64 Kennedy? It seems that many of the 40%s had identical toning and I bet that the same customer dropped them all at once. Maybe they knew the value of 64s but not 65-70s?
Some foreign coins as well as clad quarters and dimes. The total dollar value exceeded $500 a bit due to the extra quarters and dimes in there. The bag was not hand counted, which I prefer cause I kind of like to find the weird coins and tokens that come in these bags. One was a $2 canadian coin, which is worth more than $2 US due to our weak dollar.
Best find I have had in a while. The teller said the bag had been collecting "for years".
Jim
10-Franklins
1- 64 Kennedy
123-40%s
Kind of weird only 1 64 Kennedy? It seems that many of the 40%s had identical toning and I bet that the same customer dropped them all at once. Maybe they knew the value of 64s but not 65-70s?
Some foreign coins as well as clad quarters and dimes. The total dollar value exceeded $500 a bit due to the extra quarters and dimes in there. The bag was not hand counted, which I prefer cause I kind of like to find the weird coins and tokens that come in these bags. One was a $2 canadian coin, which is worth more than $2 US due to our weak dollar.
Best find I have had in a while. The teller said the bag had been collecting "for years".
Jim
Upvote
0







