goodies at new LOOKING playground

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stopped at a playground near my house today for a couple hours, and was surprised of my finds. 6 wheats, a large silver ring with a big black onyx, a gold 10k ring with a diamond around 1/2 ct, a 1952 rosy,thing looks like a dog tag but I cant read the writting,couple bucks in clad, silver plated button with two lions on it and a 1920 coin that I have no idea where it comes from. The side with the date I can see pretty well but the other side where the name of the country is way to corroded. Since I have no camera I will try to explain it. Down the center there is a staff like on the back of a mercury dime,bottom right corner is the date 1920 above that there is the number 5 meaning 5 cents???? starting on the top there is diagonal lines going down the coin from the top they further apart and narrow to the bottom. The other side of the coin has writting around the rim but to hard to make out

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW John!!

Sounds like you made some really great finds!!!!

Congrats!

;)

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
Hiya! ;D Sound like a exciting day! But doesn't it just mess with you to not be able to share with pics? Hope to see you getting some way to post pics soon! I have read on here some people scan stuff? And post it. Thanks for sharing!

H.H
Gigi

OP
OP
J

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I could take the photos on my mothers pc of my finds and put them on a disk and transfer them here on my work pc. My mom has no internet so I cannot email em. I will try it tomarrow if it works i will show my finds.

F

Floater

John those are great finds. Maybe you could trade one of the rings for a camera. ;D HH

OP
OP
J

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a camera but no internet at the house I use work pc for now.

OP
OP
J

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found out the type of the 1920 coin I found heres a pic ( not my coin but the same)

Attachments

• my coin.jpg
    my coin.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 371

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
Hiya John! Looks like you did your home work to find a pic! Good for you! VERY cool dime!!! I'm seeing things on the form I never knew existed! lol Now to be finding some of it!? ;D? :D? ;)

H.H
Gigi

OP
OP
J

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I accually sold two class rings yesturday for 180.00. I wasnt going to sell things I found but I needed a new trolling motor for my bassboat and needed the extra $$$. I already regret it. The motor is $899.99

R

rvbvetter

Great finds!!
You can never tell about a place until you try it. There was a vacant lot where i use to live, and because of a lack of a place to go, tried it and hit a dream spot. Was pre 1995 and worked it for about a year off and on. Was about an acre in size, and in time i found 2 WL halves 1 franklin halve about a dozen silver quarters and twice that in silver dimes, 1 IH cent and many wheats Couple of gold rings and several silver ones. Moved away and recently went the 60 miles to see it is now a city park. Tried it a few minutes to see if they had put in fill, and pulled a 1953 wheatie up before a friendly obease rotwiler tried to play frisbie with my coil. So i gave it up, but i'll be going back on a weekday. After quitting for a few years, i'm curious to see what the new machines can pull out of there. So you can't always tell by the looks of the place. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread