Goodwill Raided by the Feds?

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that they really come down on them hard. They are a bunch of crooks! They take $3 billion from the gov, and don't use it as they should. What about the billions that they make in their stores and on their little ebay business that they have going?

RJA

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they shut down the entire Goodwill corporation. If this is case...

"Companies (Goodwill) awarded the taxpayer-funded AbilityOne contracts are required by law to have 75% of their work performed by blind or severely disabled employees."

I don't recall ever seeing a blind person or severely disabled employee at any Goodwill store ever in my entire life. The local grocery stores hire more disabled people than Goodwill does! Heads need to roll and people need to go to prison.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they shut down the entire Goodwill corporation. If this is case...

"Companies (Goodwill) awarded the taxpayer-funded AbilityOne contracts are required by law to have 75% of their work performed by blind or severely disabled employees."

I don't recall ever seeing a blind person or severely disabled employee at any Goodwill store ever in my entire life. The local grocery stores hire more disabled people than Goodwill does! Heads need to roll and people need to go to prison.

Ditto to all of this

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
75% of their workforce has to be blind or disabled? I'm sorry--but how on earth is a blind individual expected to work retail? What am I missing.

I will say that at my local goodwill (which I like very much) seems to have 'slower than your average bear' employees working the registers. I always thought something was kind of off about them and they seemed to kind of miss a beat. That would explain a disability of some kind..

Am I defending Goodwill? Sure am not.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It pretty much sounds like it's run just like the federal and state government, but then there's no room for two organized crime syndicates they might be cutting into each others profit. HH

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few of the local Goodwill stores (Rochester, NY) do hire blind or nearly blind. The cash registers talk to them and they have a scanner for currency that tells them what it is. They do just fine. With that said, I know that nowhere near 75% of their employees are handicapped.

Scott

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
corrupt corporate companies?? i thought it would never happen...im sure some politicians wil take care of it hahaha

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read the article. The law isn't requiring 75% of ALL Goodwill employees to be disabled, just 75% of the workers on AbilityOne awarded contracts. The contracts are generally for janitorial services and have nothing to do with their retail operations.

True enough. Publix here has more disabled people working than Goodwill does. The pay is better too!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread