What's new

Goodwrench NASCAR medal & engine part?

gary s fl

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
269
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jacksonville, Fl
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Explorer II, Excalibur, Aquasound, TDI, GB 2, Quick-triggered CZ-21, AU-21, G2, Comprade 7" & 5.5"
Primary Interest:
Other
Goodwrench NASCAR medal & engine part?

I haven't been able to match this Goodwrench Earnhardt nascar medal. It was found in some pretty nasty dirt and has tarnished but not corroded so there may be a possibility that it's made from a low grade of silver. The base metal looks like silver and it's too hard to be lead. Unfortunately I can't find the nitric acid to test it. Weighs 31.7 grams, a little over a troy ounce. ???

I'm fairly sure the other item came of a large single piston gas motor and may have been a squeeze type throttle control but I've never seen one like it on any engines I've worked on. Made of brass. Weighs a little under 4 oz.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN9999.webp
    DSCN9999.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN0002.webp
    DSCN0002.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN0004.webp
    DSCN0004.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN0007.webp
    DSCN0007.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCN0010.webp
    DSCN0010.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 290
Re: Goodwrench NASCAR medal & engine part?

Second item looks like it was used as a latch and the keeper is missing. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Goodwrench NASCAR medal & engine part?

Thanks Hill Billy. I tried ebay but apparently used the wrong words.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Goodwrench NASCAR medal & engine part?

Ken, you may be right because it was found at a site where some early 1900s houses were cleared but it's unlike any window latch I've seen before. The countersunk screws would seem to indicate that it may have been used on a wood item. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Re: Goodwrench NASCAR medal & engine part?

Interesting, I did a google image search for "antique icebox latch" and found a picture of one that matches yours to the tee .. only trouble is, when you click on the photo, the image doesn't show up for some reason. But at any rate, I think it is an icebox latch.


Found it: only trouble is, it doesn't really identify it!
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2011-09-13 at 9.40.37 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2011-09-13 at 9.40.37 PM.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 218
  • Screen shot 2011-09-13 at 9.48.39 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2011-09-13 at 9.48.39 PM.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
Re: Goodwrench NASCAR medal & engine part?

Creskol, I believe you nailed it. :headbang: The two left door latches on a ice box in the craigslist ad below look like it but it's hard to tell in the small pic. It makes sense. :icon_thumright:
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/atq/2583323152.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom