What's new

goofiest relic find

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
About 1980 I was searching an entire block that was torn down for a strip mall in a residential section of Bloomington, Illinois. I got a huge signal and when I dug it I had an exact replica of the key to Independence Hall in Philadelphia that had been issued by a defunct bank in 1876 to celebrate the US Centennial and was given to their biggest depositors. I hauled it to the local truck stop to show my friends and that launched a bidding war that ended when I accepted a hundred bucks for it. I had not been trying to sell it. An AU barber dime found the same day was also sold to onlookers at the truckstop so I had a one day haul of over $200 and still had all the other coins I found. I've made more in a day before and since then but never that easily. Exanimo, SS
 
LOL....FIRST TIME I HAVE READ THIS AND JUST HAD TO POST.....LAST YR WE WERE AT THE LOCAL PARK, AND I GOT A HIT ON MY XLT AT 6 INCHES...THAT IS A DEEP HOLE FOR A PARK, BUT O WELL.....WHEN I WAS DONE DIGGING I HAD A HOLE 6 INCHES DEEP AND 16 INCHES ACROSS....I JUST DUG A STEERING WILL OFF OF A 27 FORD.......THEN A MONTH LATER WE WERE AT ANOTHER PARK IN THE AREA AND LOW AND BEHOLD ANOTHER 6 INCH BY 16 INCH HOLE AND ANOTHER STEERING WHEEL......WHAT THE *hell.
HAPPY HUNTING
LGP
 
I was out in the woods relic hunting last week. I had found several of what I usually find in the woods- old rifle cartridges. My mind drifted to an odd thought, and on a hunch I whistled for my 18 month old lab pups that were playing nearby. I gave them each a scan in ID mode, and sure enough they both registered with a strong midtone in the foil-pulltab range! Those dogs will eat anything! (I hope its nothing more than some foil.)

(I'm a newbie. I will get some pics soon. I do have at least one interesting late 1800's logging worksite (camp?) location on our property. I recently found it, and will have more info when the ground thaws. Mostly iron off logging equipment.)
 
I've posted about them before, but I found a hot fudge sundae (near a ball field), a digital camera (in the weeds by a tree), a huge silver panther token (in the park - never been able to associate it with anything in the US) and an Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal (not THAT unusual until you realize I'm in Missouri....about 1700 miles from the Pacific Ocean and some 8000 mi from the WWII Asiatic Theatre of Ops).........
 

Attachments

  • DQ1.webp
    DQ1.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 839
  • cybershot.webp
    cybershot.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 813
  • panthers.webp
    panthers.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 812
  • DQ1.webp
    DQ1.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 826
  • cybershot.webp
    cybershot.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 824
  • panthers.webp
    panthers.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 833
  • asiatic_pacific.webp
    asiatic_pacific.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 771

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom