What's new

got a commemorative today

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's just an '86 Statue of Liberty Ellis Island Commemorative Half, but still, it's neat.

My boxes have been much less productive lately. More than halfs have been skunks, closer to two-thirds.
 
Upvote 0
Heck I'd go for one of those. I'm lucky to get a couple 40's anymore.
 
Strange...yesterday I found my 2nd commemorative, a 1986S Ellis Island comm. My first was the 86D Ellis Island. They definitely seem to be the most frequent commemorative to show up in boxes.
 
Cool, are they silver or clad comm's. :icon_scratch:
 
cool that was my first one found too
 
Thats cool, I would keep'um if I found them. :icon_pirat:
I was asking to see if you can find them by edge hunting, But I think G4E said something like he would of missed his if he was just rim hunting.
 
Def. a common commem. if not the most common, but I'd still be darn happy to get one! I'm still commem. less!

Grats on your find!

~Dave
 
TreasureFiend said:
I was asking to see if you can find them by edge hunting, But I think G4E said something like he would of missed his if he was just rim hunting.

I edge search and then drop them from one hand into the palm of the other. That way anything I catch anything unusual-like this one!
My GF searches by date and hands me anything really nice or 'odd' looking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom