What's new

Got a few keepers yesterday.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a hunt on the private property where I have permission to hunt. I found quite a few interesting tools and scrapers and a piece of pottery. I almost missed the pottery I thought it was a piece of pine bark. If you see any that you know the type holler it out.
Thanks, rock
What was the notch for on the side of the knifes?
 

Attachments

  • 100_3151.webp
    100_3151.webp
    277.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_3153.webp
    100_3153.webp
    119.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_3154.webp
    100_3154.webp
    106.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_3156.webp
    100_3156.webp
    120.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_3157.webp
    100_3157.webp
    141 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_3158.webp
    100_3158.webp
    120.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_3159.webp
    100_3159.webp
    130 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_3160.webp
    100_3160.webp
    189 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_3161.webp
    100_3161.webp
    168.2 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
Your finds are getting better and better. Nice eye on the pottery. I can't give any absolute ID's. couple nice blades though!
 
Yeah still Early Archaic period. That makes 3 I have found in different areas. I know the Mississippian period was big in my area but where are all the points they made? Only thing I can find is mostly Archaic. Most of the tools in the pic are End Scrapers and Knifes and a few tools. The one in the middle is not broken its a preform for a point. It has some steep beveling on the edges but it is a preform shape and yeah I know its ugly.
 
Great job Rock, very nice finds, love to see that pottery...
Looks like you got a great spot, thanks for sharing them...
BCI
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom