Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't detected much this year, between work, car repairs, weather, and a sick cat, my time has been spent doing everything but detecting.
Finally got out today, and I'm glad I did. Hit a teardown of an 1890's house, dug one newer Wheatie, and this token.
At first I thought it was a elongated penny, but when I saw the words "Cafe" in the middle, I knew what it was.
Walhalla Hall & Cafe, 1380 or 1330 15th St.
This Check and 10cts,
Good For a 15ct Whiskey
Yeah Baby, my first oval token, and my first that says whiskey
There was a Walhalla Hall in Denver in the 1880's, but I think this token is from the 1890-1916 period.
If this token said Denver, it would be one of my best token finds.
Still researching, but have only found 1880 references, and not at either address. Enjoy!
Carl

Attachments

• Wahalla Hall Token #4.jpg
    Wahalla Hall Token #4.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 476
  • Wahalla Hall Token #3.jpg
    Wahalla Hall Token #3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 463
Upvote 0
WOW ~ now THAT is an awesome trade token! VERY COOL!!! Congrat's!

Nice token. I am always happy when I find one cause you never know what it is going to say. You can see a silver and guess real quick but with a token you just never know.
Kinda like cracker Jacks :hello:
HH
TnMtns

Bramblefind said:
Congrats! What a great find!

Found references in the 1910, 1911 Denver directories-

16kxljc.jpg

Bramble, you are the woman! The Denver Library is completely closed for the week, renovating it's computer system, and all I have is the 1887 Denver directory to do back track research. I do have A-B of the 1911, how did you get the rest, C-Z?
You come out to Denver anytime, and I'll but you several shots of whiskey!
Carl
I'm still hoping that it's the same token location as a 1892 reference about a Wahalla Hall, that was a house of ill repute, listed in a Denver "Red book".
But I have my doubts.
Thanks again!

Carl, the west seems to be kind of token rich. I found quite a few just north of you in
Wyoming. The first few I found I sold to a guy that said he had a respectable Wyoming
token collection, but didn't have the ones I found. Then I thought maybe I shouldn't
be selling these and I wish I hadn't. Found quite a few since and still have them.
Nice find on your latest!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back