What's new

Got another rare one!!!

jewelerdave

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
850
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not a good day as far as numbers in the 4 boxes I did, I only got 7 40s, but its the quality that counts.


one was a 1970 D that makes 5 that I have found now!
Also was able to nab a 86S proof that I needed for my book, and a 1987S proof but it has some damage.
And found a Guatemala 1 quetzal from 2000 Also did a box of dimes. Skunk.
 
Upvote 0
Throw one of those 70's back into the wild, I don't think I will ever find one. :thumbsup:
 
I have no idea why I got so many, but I have yet to get a 76 40% All this stuff is just completely random.
I almost melted one 70d down, when i saw they were a premium coin I went back though my stash and found one last fall. Glad I saved it. Otherwise they just look like a plain old 40%er.

Makes me wonder how many bags of %40 halves out there may have some in there and no one realizes it.
makes me wonder how many were melted too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom