Got my first oldie with my new Explorer SE Pro

93vector

Feb 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Haven't had much time to play around with it, but got out for a bit after supper tonight at an old schoolyard and pulled out an 1873 IH penny. Not in great shape, but I'll take it.
So far so good with the SE, I think I'm gonna like it. Just have to get used to the "blanking" and am kind of concerned about missing targets in the middle of a blanking....just have to learn to go slow I guess!

Upvote 0

MT

Feb 28, 2008
Montara, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac with all the goodies.
Congrats on the Indian. Don't worry about the blanking, it won't affect your hunting. That's just Minelab.
HH,
MT
Tom

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
excellent find :thumbsup: congrats ! I have learned to like the blanking on my SE, it lets me know when i've passed over a target that i've discriminated out :icon_sunny:

MT

Feb 28, 2008
Montara, California
Detector(s) used
weasel606 said:
excellent find :thumbsup: congrats ! I have learned to like the blanking on my SE, it lets me know when i've passed over a target that i've discriminated out :icon_sunny:

That includes the minerals in the ground, if you have any.
HH,
MT
Tom

OP
OP
93vector

93vector

Feb 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
weasel606 said:

I understand that, but if you pass a good target while it is blanking out a discriminated one, will it end the blanking and sound for the good signal?

MT

Feb 28, 2008
Montara, California
Detector(s) used
93vector said:
weasel606 said:

I understand that, but if you pass a good target while it is blanking out a discriminated one, will it end the blanking and sound for the good signal?

It sure will. The blanking is very light compared to the target.
HH,
MT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions