hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my oldest silver tonight! Its pretty rough but legible. And true to my nature, I scratched it! Its my second Spanish coin ever so I'm pretty enthused. I think its an 1803 half real. My other Spanish was an 1816 half real and came from the same site. I was hoping for another one. Rough as it is, I'm pretty happy to have it just the way it is! 100_16951_zpsfdgn6ojv.JPG100_16961_zps9e5nejwz.JPG100_16941_zpsmgoj7nd3.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 23
That is great I keep all my coins in the paper coin holders in a glass case. I guess they are worth more to me than anyone else. I think that is a great find for your collection!!! Good Job

Hell Yeah brother!!!! The spanish silvers are comin out of our hooiser soil this year!!! CONGRATZ....

Hell Yeah brother!!!! The spanish silvers are comin out of our hooiser soil this year!!! CONGRATZ....
Thanks, I hope there's alot more to be found!

Last edited:
I got my oldest silver tonight! Its pretty rough but legible. And true to my nature, I scratched it! Its my second Spanish coin ever so I'm pretty enthused. I think its an 1803 half real. My other Spanish was an 1816 half real and came from the same site. I was hoping for another one. Rough as it is, I'm pretty happy to have it just the way it is! View attachment 1274897View attachment 1274896View attachment 1274895

Very nice 'old Silver' Find .

P.S. There is Only a Couple things I 'HATE' More than Striking my Digging target W/ my Shovel , Screwdriver or Rocks in the hole.

When I think it's Silver or Lead ( CW Bullets) , I try to dig with my hand after making sure the target is not on top of the ground.

very nice finds

Thanks for all the replies! Best of luck to everyone! Mark

Nice

It sucks I've done it a handful of times over the yrs

HH Jer

Congrats and WHOA!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back