What's new

Got my oldest silver tonight!

hunting deer

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
565
Reaction score
1,305
Golden Thread
0
Location
West central Indiana.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my oldest silver tonight! Its pretty rough but legible. And true to my nature, I scratched it! Its my second Spanish coin ever so I'm pretty enthused. I think its an 1803 half real. My other Spanish was an 1816 half real and came from the same site. I was hoping for another one. Rough as it is, I'm pretty happy to have it just the way it is! 100_16951_zpsfdgn6ojv.webp100_16961_zps9e5nejwz.webp100_16941_zpsmgoj7nd3.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 46
That is great I keep all my coins in the paper coin holders in a glass case. I guess they are worth more to me than anyone else. I think that is a great find for your collection!!! Good Job
 
Hell Yeah brother!!!! The spanish silvers are comin out of our hooiser soil this year!!! CONGRATZ....
 
Hell Yeah brother!!!! The spanish silvers are comin out of our hooiser soil this year!!! CONGRATZ....
Thanks, I hope there's alot more to be found!
 
Last edited:
Rough or not, Spanish silver is great ! Congrats.
 
I would take it in a heartbeat. Congrats!
 
I got my oldest silver tonight! Its pretty rough but legible. And true to my nature, I scratched it! Its my second Spanish coin ever so I'm pretty enthused. I think its an 1803 half real. My other Spanish was an 1816 half real and came from the same site. I was hoping for another one. Rough as it is, I'm pretty happy to have it just the way it is! View attachment 1274897View attachment 1274896View attachment 1274895

Very nice 'old Silver' Find .

P.S. There is Only a Couple things I 'HATE' More than Striking my Digging target W/ my Shovel , Screwdriver or Rocks in the hole.

When I think it's Silver or Lead ( CW Bullets) , I try to dig with my hand after making sure the target is not on top of the ground.
 
Good score on the Spanish silver.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
very nice finds
 
Thanks for all the replies! Best of luck to everyone! Mark
 
Nice

It sucks I've done it a handful of times over the yrs

HH Jer
 
Congrats and WHOA!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom