Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a great feeling to have a site with high potential lined up. Expect nothing and hope for everything. That said, I wish you the absolute best of luck

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Rock, 19 cellars holes and I cant find the first place where I live . For some reason the owners in va have be notified that there is a law now for people hunting on private property. If so I do not know about it but I used to detect 3 nice sites and now have been turned away. This arkeologist bulshatter is spewing gossip that home owners will be fined for letting out siders detect on there property . Sounds crazy I know but this has spread like a disease where I live. Before long it will be illegal to carry a metal detector just like everything else.vanzutphen. Good luck cant wait to see your finds posted and keep us updated.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take em one at a time and clean em out. Don't jump around. Get in there and get in the groove man. I'm excited to see what you pull out of there

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice feeling that you have a new place to detect. I felt that way when I went out for a short hunt yesterday on a very tiny lot that I had been wanting permission on for awhile. I only found two tokens, but I intend to go back with my CTX and deeper coil. It should have produced more!

Concerning folks being told that they will get fined if they allow other to detect on their property. If I heard this from an "official" person and I had enough property, I would probably put a sign up in the front and allow as many detectorists on my property as I could squeeze in, just to make a point. Stupid rumor.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread