Got permission for local school

damian1013

Apr 1, 2019
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a email back today to detect a local elementary school today. Also stopped in at a older school that recently sold and got to talk to the owner who was cleaning it out (97 years old) and gave me a bunch of history of the local area. Old timer was sharp as a tack lol. Have to wait til the new owner moves in on that to get permission to detect although the current owner said it has been detected many times over but will still try.

OP
OP
D

damian1013

Apr 1, 2019
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a "no md'ing" rule for your school there ? Such that permission is needed ?

Not posted but know the principal well and thanked me for asking first. he said good luck

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck on the school hunts, many good things are lost in those areas! :occasion14:

hardballer

Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a email back today to detect a local elementary school today. Also stopped in at a older school that recently sold and got to talk to the owner who was cleaning it out (97 years old) and gave me a bunch of history of the local area. Old timer was sharp as a tack lol. Have to wait til the new owner moves in on that to get permission to detect although the current owner said it has been detected many times over but will still try.

Great job on securing the permission, I hope it turns out well for you! I believe if you do right by the owner by asking first, it will build your good reputation and lead to more and more permissions in the future! Keep up the good work!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... and thanked me for asking first....

Ok, so it was "not posted". Hence not-disallowed. Since this was your friend, then the "yes" was probably predictable. But would you ask at other parks or schools, if you didn't personally know the personnel ? Because if so, you might bump into the "No one cared TILL you asked" psychology. Just sayin'.

As for someone 1) thanking you for asking, or 2) saying "yes" : Either answer seems to confirm that permission was needed. After all, they wouldn't be saying "yes" or "thankyou", if their say-so hadn't been necessary , right ? Instead their answer would have been "Wow, that's a silly question. Why are you asking me ? ". But naturally, no one ever answers like that. Instead they confer on you their princely permission.

Thus someone's permission or thankyou does not necessarily equate to: "Therefore their permission was necessary".

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. Congrats on the permission and good luck.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
one school here is screw driver for digging only but it is a new one. the old was sold and is being developed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread