What's new

Got Robbed

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I got a nickel in my box roll today for coin #20. That's OK, there was enough silver to pay for gas.
 
Upvote 0
I hear you on that, I have received so many other coins than halves in boxes.
 
I got a 500 peso coin once. One of my guys is going to Mexico and is gonna give ME $50 for it- I would have settled for a couple silver Libertads but guess I'll have to buy them haha. HH Mark
 
ME_CO said:
I got a 500 peso coin once. One of my guys is going to Mexico and is gonna give ME $50 for it- I would have settled for a couple silver Libertads but guess I'll have to buy them haha. HH Mark
I don't mind foreign, I put them in my collection of oddall box stuff. A nickel, not. That's OK, my brother got shorted a whole roll in a box last week.....LOL
 
My last box was off too...but the other way. A bunch of the rolls had 21 coins in them.
 
The very first box I opened had a nickel instead of a half in a roll. I told the bank and they gave me 45 cents back. This week one of my Monroe dollar rolls was short so hopefully the bank will give me a dollar.
 
That's what happened to me last week - one roll was 3 short. However, one of yesterday's half rolls had 20 halves, plus a mexican 10 peso's (worth about a buck) - so I am at least partially refunded, lol.
 
ME_CO said:
I got a 500 peso coin once. One of my guys is going to Mexico and is gonna give ME $50 for it- I would have settled for a couple silver Libertads but guess I'll have to buy them haha. HH Mark

What's the year on the 500 peso, if it's old it probably isn't worth .50 cents
I sent some 1980's 100 peso notes with my gal when she went to Mex in May and
they said they were not worth 5 cents each, she brought them back.
 
pronghorn said:
ME_CO said:
I got a 500 peso coin once. One of my guys is going to Mexico and is gonna give ME $50 for it- I would have settled for a couple silver Libertads but guess I'll have to buy them haha. HH Mark

What's the year on the 500 peso, if it's old it probably isn't worth .50 cents
I sent some 1980's 100 peso notes with my gal when she went to Mex in May and
they said they were not worth 5 cents each, she brought them back.
The Mexican dollar has been devalued so many times the old ones aren't worth anything.
 
Hydrantman said:
The very first box I opened had a nickel instead of a half in a roll. I told the bank and they gave me 45 cents back. This week one of my Monroe dollar rolls was short so hopefully the bank will give me a dollar.
I can't believe you asked for 45 cents back. And I thought I was a tight wad...LOL. I've gotten shorted but then I got an extra roll in a box also. No I didn't take it back. I figure it evens out in the longrun. Plus a few 40's and 90's makes up for the losses.
 
awhitster said:
Hydrantman said:
The very first box I opened had a nickel instead of a half in a roll. I told the bank and they gave me 45 cents back. This week one of my Monroe dollar rolls was short so hopefully the bank will give me a dollar.
I can't believe you asked for 45 cents back. And I thought I was a tight wad...LOL. I've gotten shorted but then I got an extra roll in a box also. No I didn't take it back. I figure it evens out in the longrun. Plus a few 40's and 90's makes up for the losses.

I was kind of shocked as well. Trust me, you are 'the guy' they make fun of as soon as you left after asking for 45 cents back because of that. In my opinion, that's all part of it. What if you got an extra half in a roll? Would you go back in and demand that they take it back? They wouldn't have anywhere to put it aside from maybe some odd general ledger account that would take them 10 minutes to look up the account number of. Rolls are off ALL the time, some in your favor and some not. I think it's kind of one of the unwritten rules not to go back and ask for a few cents to make you exactly total out with your dumps and your keepers.
 
DrDetector said:
awhitster said:
Hydrantman said:
The very first box I opened had a nickel instead of a half in a roll. I told the bank and they gave me 45 cents back. This week one of my Monroe dollar rolls was short so hopefully the bank will give me a dollar.
I can't believe you asked for 45 cents back. And I thought I was a tight wad...LOL. I've gotten shorted but then I got an extra roll in a box also. No I didn't take it back. I figure it evens out in the longrun. Plus a few 40's and 90's makes up for the losses.

I was kind of shocked as well. Trust me, you are 'the guy' they make fun of as soon as you left after asking for 45 cents back because of that. In my opinion, that's all part of it. What if you got an extra half in a roll? Would you go back in and demand that they take it back? They wouldn't have anywhere to put it aside from maybe some odd general ledger account that would take them 10 minutes to look up the account number of. Rolls are off ALL the time, some in your favor and some not. I think it's kind of one of the unwritten rules not to go back and ask for a few cents to make you exactly total out with your dumps and your keepers.
Well said Dr.D, well said. If we start whining over a few cents the banks start changing the rules. I don't want to wait while they count out 4 boxes of halves. Take what you get. It all evens out in the end.
 
I got another 16 coin roll this week (and it's not my first). I've gotten more than my fair share of 19 coin rolls. 18 coin or less rolls are uncommon, but I've gotten them. Usually the two coins at the ends are all the way at the end, but there is a space inside the roll.
 
Nothing will ever be perfect. Humans make errors in counting and so do machines. To be honest, I would rather have a machine counting for me than a human anyday.
 
awhitster said:
DrDetector said:
awhitster said:
Hydrantman said:
The very first box I opened had a nickel instead of a half in a roll. I told the bank and they gave me 45 cents back. This week one of my Monroe dollar rolls was short so hopefully the bank will give me a dollar.
I can't believe you asked for 45 cents back. And I thought I was a tight wad...LOL. I've gotten shorted but then I got an extra roll in a box also. No I didn't take it back. I figure it evens out in the longrun. Plus a few 40's and 90's makes up for the losses.

I was kind of shocked as well. Trust me, you are 'the guy' they make fun of as soon as you left after asking for 45 cents back because of that. In my opinion, that's all part of it. What if you got an extra half in a roll? Would you go back in and demand that they take it back? They wouldn't have anywhere to put it aside from maybe some odd general ledger account that would take them 10 minutes to look up the account number of. Rolls are off ALL the time, some in your favor and some not. I think it's kind of one of the unwritten rules not to go back and ask for a few cents to make you exactly total out with your dumps and your keepers.
Well said Dr.D, well said. If we start whining over a few cents the banks start changing the rules. I don't want to wait while they count out 4 boxes of halves. Take what you get. It all evens out in the end.

I've been shorted many times. Once in a $1,000.00 bag I was shorted $11.00. But they are so nice to still order me halves, that I'll never complain.
You may have ruined a supply source by asking for that .45 cents back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom