markmopar
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 15, 2008
- Messages
- 967
- Reaction score
- 88
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- southern NJ/southeast VA
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I know this isn't exactly the right forum, but since I don't post much in other ones, here it is.
Friday night I went to a friends house to look at his wife's computer(I do their troubleshooting in exchange for their letting me store a couple cars on their land).
They were getting ready to have a yard sale and during conversation she mentioned she was selling some sterling jewelery. I asked what it was and she showed me some necklaces and bracelets. When she said she didn't know what to ask for it all, I offered to weigh it and give at least a minimum value. It came out to about $64 just in metal. She was happy with that as she probably would have valued them at only a couple bucks each.
Her husband broke out his coin stash- some Ikes, a few clad halves and one each Morgan and Peace dollars(see, coins make this the right forum!). Nothing real special but the silver dollars were nice.
Just before we left, she said she was going to pay me for reformatting her box a few months ago but had spent the money. I tried to decline but she wouldn't hear of it and said "In that case you WILL take the jewelery!"
This is a woman who does not take "No, thank you" for an answer.
I'm now 117 grams of .925 richer....
Friday night I went to a friends house to look at his wife's computer(I do their troubleshooting in exchange for their letting me store a couple cars on their land).
They were getting ready to have a yard sale and during conversation she mentioned she was selling some sterling jewelery. I asked what it was and she showed me some necklaces and bracelets. When she said she didn't know what to ask for it all, I offered to weigh it and give at least a minimum value. It came out to about $64 just in metal. She was happy with that as she probably would have valued them at only a couple bucks each.
Her husband broke out his coin stash- some Ikes, a few clad halves and one each Morgan and Peace dollars(see, coins make this the right forum!). Nothing real special but the silver dollars were nice.
Just before we left, she said she was going to pay me for reformatting her box a few months ago but had spent the money. I tried to decline but she wouldn't hear of it and said "In that case you WILL take the jewelery!"
This is a woman who does not take "No, thank you" for an answer.
I'm now 117 grams of .925 richer....
Upvote
0









